1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mongol Warrior, 14th century - Elite Miniatures 70mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks John. Its one of the few times the base compliments the figure......and the figure compliments the base.
  2. mario Active Member

Brazil
    Hello Guy

Amazing work ,
    The efects and textures of the coat are Great !!!

Warm Regards Friend

Mario
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Mario,

The texture was done by dry-brushing semi-dry paint onto the coat and quiver and bow case after the blending and shading was done.

The base is an oak veneer strip around a Bolivian Rosewood base. I had them specially made.

Stay warm my friends. Its your winter........and our hot 108 Degree summer. :D
  4. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Guy,

I like what you've done with this one. Good work.

Jason
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words Jason.
  6. moore Active Member

United-States
    Hi Guy,

This one turned out really nice. I really like your groundwork too. I think you
    said you get a lot of it from John at Military Mini. Whse. I hope he makes it to
    MFCA next year. With the date change it conflicts with other things for him.
    Always enjoy seeing your work.

Dee
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good work my friend on a beautiful miniature!!!
    christos
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Christos, I appreciate the feedback.
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Guy,

Really amazing work. The color transitions are perfect! The ground cover materials are exceptional! What are you using for all that different vegetation? (If it's not a trade secret of course.)

-Regards,
    Daniel
  11. MinervaMini New Member

United-States
    Guy,
    I'm with Daniel, the subtleness of those colors is enviable...especially for someone like me who has not yet mastered the art of the disappearing line.

Please do share the origins of the ground cover materials. The variety and composition are excellent!! Are these commercially available or something you have made yourself?

-Julia
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Daniel and Julia. I have started a thread on Groundwork Supplies We Use in the Painting section of the forum so that any member can add what they use as well.

Groundwork Supplies we use - click here