1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mon ami le Soldat - Take 2.

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Cannonball, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Cannonball A Fixture

This is my take on the recent offering from Alexandros Models in their 75mm range entitled Mon ami le Soldat. I suspect that there are going to be quite a few renditions of this gracing this forum in the near future. Enjoying following Steve Brodie’s thread in the WIP section of the same figure. I’ve pretty much followed the colourings from the box art as it’s a spectacular rendition by Alexandre. Fit of parts has been excellent and the detail, as Steve shows in his thread, is great. Looking forward to their next offering in this range.
    Painted in oils over acrylics- the gaiters are still a little wet and hopefully the sheen will dull down over the next day or so. As for the pictures, if they seem a little dark I’ve altered the brightness a little as, in normal setting it seemed to saturate the white and hide some of the weathering I’ve tried to add so apologies for that.

Neal 8D452D46-6DD1-42E4-92BE-6D88C6E123CD.jpeg 0602536B-F8B8-46E2-AAAD-AA48C024AD48.jpeg A4803972-5574-4818-8AE9-750DE946D899.jpeg C4B18C09-B17F-44E5-8CAB-0A577EE86F77.jpeg B34BAFF0-D50F-4FE2-B540-348A71662A90.jpeg 5049FC25-5573-42DE-BBF1-D5D7BDDA49B6.jpeg
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful paintwork Neal again

Mobo
    Cannonball likes this.
  3. Cannonball A Fixture

Thank you Mobo, really appreciated.

Neal
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Neal, excellent work on this one, really lovely painting.
    I now have this on the bench and its good to see some different technique's.
    Nap and Cannonball like this.
  5. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Looks terrific Neal. Just ordered mine, so we will see how long it takes to get here. The hussar and cat took forever at least 3 months.
    Cannonball likes this.
  6. Cannonball A Fixture

Thanks Bob. I know you’ll enjoy getting to grips with this one and look forward to seeing your progress.

Neal
    Viking Bob likes this.
  7. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks clrsgt. Both are super kits and no doubt it’s frustrating waiting for them to drop through the door but it will be worth the wait I’m sure.

Neal
  8. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Wow thats superb, hope mine comes out half as good when its finished. Excellent painting.
    Cannonball likes this.
  9. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    What a unique piece of miniature sculpture..... excellent paintwork....Very nicely done.....

Wayne
    Cannonball likes this.
  10. Cannonball A Fixture

Thanks Steve. Your off to a great start with your version. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Neal
  11. Cannonball A Fixture

Many thanks Wayne. It’s a piece that seems to grab your attention and make you smile at the same time, a little bit different.

Neal
    Nap likes this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Neal

That didn't take long to get painted ...looks really good and sings quality in the casting

A lovely display piece ....up for figure Release of 2020 from Alexandros ....wonder what's next ?

Why not enter something into FOTM and the Vignette & Diorama comp

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Cannonball and Viking Bob like this.
  13. Cannonball A Fixture

Thanks Nap.

Neal
  14. swralph A Fixture

Very nice painting Neal.:)
    Cannonball likes this.
  15. Cannonball A Fixture