1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mohawk Progress

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

Well I tried this earlier, but was erased, so here we go again! Andreas Mohawk Warrior in progress, 54mm, and painted in acrylics. Still have ways to go but its getting there! Let me know what you think! Also could use ideas on the color of the leggings, Im thinking something dark, like dark brown or maybe black. Let me know what you think of it so far!
  2. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
  4. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Anders,

I think you might want to thin your paint a little bit more. I got the feeling it's a bit coarse? And then one other word: exagerate!!! Do the highlight of his shoulders and upperarms much lighter (direct sunlight) and the underside of his outstretched arm can be almost black. This is just a personal note on how I would do it, and by no means THE way how it should be done. I hope I have been polite, if not then it's because my lack of knowledge of English.

Keep up the goodwork,

Gino
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Gino!

Yeah, I might need to dillute the paint a little more, it shows up pretty good on these close ups. As far as the contrast, like I said on the ensign post, I like contrast just not a super unrealistic contrast where it would go from black, then red then white for highlights, it just doesn't do it for me. This was the first time I painted red for uniforms, and I think I probably could have pushed it further with highlights and shadows, but I didnt want a pink or orange uniform, wanted to keep it red. Thanks for your input :)
  6. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Anders,

When painting red I always use some form of green to shade. This not only makes for a greazt dark colour, it will also make the red look even more red then normally.

Best wishes,

Gino
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino!!

Yeah, I used a green to mix the red with for shadows and for base color. It works pretty good. Hope you had a great X-Mas!
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking Great Anders,
    The flesh you were worried about takes on a new look with the other uniform colors next to it. Anxious to see it finished. (y)