1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP modern US navy gunner

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nick 1997, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Nick 1997 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    In the process of painting. Figures scale 1/35, painted with acrylics and oil.

a little video :)

DSCF1397.JPG

DSCF1414.JPG

DSCF1394.JPG

DSCF1388.JPG

DSCF1389.JPG

And 50 caliber with photoetched.

DSCF1427.JPG
    Russ5281, billyturnip, Lew J and 2 others like this.
  2. Nick 1997 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Machine gun ready to paint :whistle:

DSCF1433.JPG

DSCF1436 (1).jpg

Tell me navy 50 cal. needs this handle?

DSCF1433.JPG
  3. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
    The barrel handle is removable, and they likely remove them to keep them from going overboard. Helpful for changing a hot barrel. In most pics I looked at of Navy 50 cals, the handle is removed.The perforated collar goes with it, so if you remove the handle remove that collar.
    Any particular reason you aren't going with the blue coveralls?
  4. Nick 1997 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Realized thanks!
  5. aknific Member

Very nice idea!
    However I am also wondering why blue coverals?
  6. JasonB A Fixture

United-States
    The blue coveralls are US Navy standard issue. I was wondering why not go with them, its what sets the guy apart as being US Navy. As is, I thought at first he was a US tank crew guy.
  7. aknific Member

Jason: Sorry, I agree with you! My question to Nick was meant to have read as : " I am also wondering why no blue coverals?"

Nick: In addtion, the boots should be black and I think that MIG (ex Think-180) might have a helmet set that includes a K-pot with out a cammo cover, barring that it would not be too dificult to sand down the kit helmet.
    This is not to be hard on you - its just that you have a great idea, why not get as close a representation as possible to the guys in the video?

Anthony