1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Modern Technology can be Dangers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by chippy, Jan 24, 2019.

1. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Last night while out walking my dog around 8 pm I was pass by a jogger wearing head phones selecting tunes on his mobile phone , he didn't even notice that he had forced us into the road . Coming the other way was a teenager on a bike texting with no lights on the bike (look Ma no hands ) and yes you guessed it they ran headlong into each other . The outcome was a pile of aching, swearing limbs , each blaming the other one for not looking they where they were going . The only consolation I offered them was "it's a good job neither of you was driving a car " and cared on with my walk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: When will they ever learn :rolleyes:
    chippy
    arj, OldTaff, Mirofsoft and 3 others like this.
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Here's the problem chippy….There are two sides to the brain and their right side did not accept their thinker... So when you were walking down the street you made the first mistake by NOT saying...…."LOOK OUT ASSHOLE"...……….therefore I think YOU are at fault because YOU did not make them aware of the oncoming danger even though you were FULLY aware of the potential that could happen if they continued on such a path.....

Vinny
    chippy and Blind Pew like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Chippy

Could have been you looking at PF walking along !

Will they ever learn..I very much doubt it .....

Now get some modelling done !

Nap
    chippy and Blind Pew like this.
  4. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah Chippy, you are one irresponsible dude. SHAME ON YOU!!

You're a waking disaster zone. And the dog has a lot to answer for as well. :angelic:
    chippy likes this.
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    And I bet they were both wearing black...

You know, I've no idea how people can run with headphones on. I got run over in Salford when running once by a Ford Capri in the 80s .
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    I think there is a video on here somewhere that shows a good looking blonde distracting people and ends up falling into a basement as the cement truck fills it with cement???:D:D;)
    Our two grandkids come over to visit with their father (our son) for their xmas presents and after opening their packages they then all start texting and looking at their phones and that was our visit with them for Christmas.??????? Thanks goodness they only come over twice a year. Christmas and birthday??????
    Modern times!!!!:)
    Cheers
    John
    swralph and chippy like this.
  7. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    My daughters and grandson knows better : no cell phone ( except if one of them is on duty )
    And yes I see one of them at least once a week ...
    And yes I had a portable since they had the size of a ghetto blaster ( for my work ); a portable is a real plus .... for emergencies mainly .
    martin tabony, chippy and akaryu like this.
  8. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    My wife is always telling me to take the phone with me whenever I walk the dogs. Apparently cliff tops and fields
    can be dangerous places and you can't be too careful ... and what if there was an emergency and either of us needed
    to speak with each other... and what if... So the other day I popped the thing into my pocket before I set off. I returned
    safely and without incident to discover that instead of the phone I'd taken the television remote !
  9. Ronaldo A Fixture

I almost ran over a jogger wearing headphones ; he never even looks crossing the road.

I must say I was tempted just to hit him ; but that's just the Glaswegian in me :D :eek:
    Landrotten Highlander and chippy like this.
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland

You should've been concentrating on driving :eek:
  11. Ronaldo A Fixture

I was that's how he's not dead , I hate wear and tear on the brake pads
    chippy likes this.
  12. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Now I have had time to reflect and reading a few of the comments I am begining to feel a little ashamed of myself :rolleyes::rolleyes: . If only I whip out my mobile phone and captured it on video I could have made £250 from That Harry Hill's TV program Assholes on camera :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .
    chippy
    Blind Pew, Old Pete and John Bowery like this.
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Multitasker :D How was the other guy ?????
  14. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

everybody deserves a laugh now and then...
    There is also a ule of aquisition - forgot the number - but it says 'Stupidity is no excuus'. Not sure this applies to our friend Chippy
  15. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I've just told my Missus this little anecdote, I said, "See , I'm not the only one!" Her reply; " Yes, that's what's so scary !" I love my Missus :ROFLMAO:

Alan
    fogie likes this.
  16. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm afraid my antics on the phone are legendary in my family, Alan. Like the time I answered a call only
    to be met with complete silence. After a bit of a rant about people mumbling these days instead of speaking
    clearly, without looking up from what she was doing my wife took the thing from me, turned it the right way
    up and passed it back.... there are moments when life can be really tiresome don't you think ?
  17. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    :LOL::ROFLMAO:....now that's a good 'un !