1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP modern Brit,Afghanistan

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Feb 25, 2012.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Some more progress with the figure.Boots are mostly done and a knee pad added.The base is set as part of the composition to help compliment the figure.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Scotty, Grod, Don and 1 other person like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Nice progress, Andy!

Cheers
  3. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent pose Andy, I look forward to seeing this one. (y)
  4. Don Well-Known Member

Nice figure Andy, like the pose you have struck with him. Will watch him carefully.

Don
  5. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The trousers are mostly finished with acouple of pouches added.There will be an assault rucksack to add.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    It really makes a difference having straps, kneepads, etc. scultped in before the clothing, it makes a very convincing draped and taught effect. (y)
  7. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Hi Andy, WOW, this is going to be one ripper of a figure, can't wait to see it completed, a absolute definite to go into my collection when available. Keep up the great work make.
    Andrew Judson
  8. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This looks the business Andy. I've just started a Maurice Corry Afghanistan 120mm sniper which may go well with the one you are working on- if it's the same scale. Great stuff and good luck with it.
    Gordon
  9. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Its coming along very nicely... I like it!

Mario
  10. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks great, can't wait to se it completed!!

Baronband
  11. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello Gordon,
    Although I havnt seem Maurices work in person,you may find these 1/16 figures are slighly smaller than a 120mm figure.I use 1/16 because scaling the weapon is easier.
    Andy
  12. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The arms ,handscand sleeves have been started.Gloves will be added later.Once the arms are complete they will be separated from the body and the upper torso will be sculpted.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

13. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    A start with the vest and pouches has begun.The arms were removed to allow modelling the front of the vest.I turned a roller to make the grooves of the bands on the vest only to find that a piece of 1mm wide plastic card helped just as well.
    I will make a Mk6 helmet as an option as this helmet has a nice form and the new camo cover can be painted on it and should suit the figure just as well.
    The arms are now slightly raised owing the the fact that there is the front of the vest to bear in mind.I think the pose has,nt lost anything in general.It might have enhanced it.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

14. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The arms and head are now seperate so now work in other ares can start.The pack has been started and pouches on the upper torso.Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Gellso likes this.
  15. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He looks amazing Andrew, great pose and the kit is really setting him off nicely.
  16. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy excellent sculpting and a great pose. Following.(y)

Cheers Ken