Model Cellar Productions

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    We previewed the busts several months ago and now the box art has been done and are ready to be sold. The Red Lancer has these beauties already listed.

The Model Cellar web site - click here

General Ferdinand Foch
    200mm resin
    sculpter Gunnar Lindfors

[IMG]

General Field Marshall Paul Von Hindenburg
    200mm resin
    sculpterGunnar Lindfors
    [IMG]

Captain Georges Guyemer
    "The Winged Sword of France"
    120mm resin full figure
    sculpterTom Sollers

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tom Sollers is the sculptor of the Guynemer figure.~Gary
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gunnar Lindfors is the sculptor of Foch and Hindenburg.
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    The Foch bust definately has some problems in the anatomy department, the neck is sticking vertical out of the torso which is totaly incorrect, and the shoulders look very strange as well.
    The Guynemer figure on the other hand is just amazing and is one I definately want to have.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Model Cellar sent me some additional photos of their new releases

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Well done. I have seen different renditions done of Hindenburg done by other sculpters and Gunnar has the likeness the closest.

Guy
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I like the Guynemer figure alot. One of my favorite historical persons...

Any pics of him painted up?

Keith
  7. ModelCellar A Fixture

Thanks Liegh, your input is appreciated.

However, I think the posture/pose with the shoulderblades pinched, shoulders back, chest out, and head held high and straight exemplifies the attitude of someone pompous and arrogant ...as were the French Generals of the day. I think Gunnar Lindfors captured the likeness very well. Not to mention that the details such as the oak leaves and french knot on the top of the kepi (not visible in photo) is worth the price of admission alone.

I'm glad I found you here on the planet. We are always looking for expert sculptors. I cordially invite you to submit any of your portfolio, or any master sculpts that you may have finished recently for evaluation. If we think they could be comercially successful, I would be more than happy to make you an offer. Please send your completed works to:

Model Cellar
    P.O. Box 388
    Horsham, PA 19044

Hope to receive some of your work soon.
    Regards,
    Paul
  8. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    That Tom Sollers sculpt is a knockout...that collection of medals are outstanding..what a great subject...and a challenge for the painter. I'd love to see a painted example..although it's nice to see the casting..it looks excellent.

I like the Hindenberg bust alot too...I like the way the buttons are partially obscured by that voluminous coat...and that old face looks full of character.

Paul....I can understand what you mention about the pose of the French General...and also the fact that he appears along side such sizeable company (Hindenberg) I think makes he's shoulders look narrower then they are...

All the best.

Roy.
  9. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Hi Paul, an expert sculpter is something I doubt I will ever be. I don't think anyone needs to be an expert to recognise good anatomy from bad, however I do understand your explanation of the bust's posture. I agree the face and kepi are top class.

Better I keep my mouth shut in future :)
  10. Manfred Active Member

The Guynemer figure will be a must buy for me.
    I hope we see more work from Tom Sollers.

Hoewever I'm with Leigh on Marechal Foch, somehow the neck looks off.

On the other hand I can't offer a good approach for an arrogant attitude except of the stereotypical high chin.

Maybe if you bear the chest high and slightly look down on lesser mortals you look that way. I have to find an arrogant person now for a humilating in life study :D