1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Model Cellar - "Over The Top"

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ModelCellar, Feb 26, 2012.

1. ModelCellar A Fixture

The Model Cellar would like to announce our new release:

"Over The Top" - Captain 2/5th Bn. Gloucestershire Regiment, 61st Division, 1916
    (Sculpted by Carl Reid)
    1/9 scale
    resin cast
    item #19010

Counting down to 'Zero hour' this British Captain holds his pistol at the ready. Watching the sconds tick away, he holds the whistle in his mouth to sound the attack. The Plinth shows the empty trench section a few seconds later, after the men have gone "Over The Top"

Hope you like it.
    Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com

Attached Files:

rafaelega, Mike S., Diegoff and 14 others like this.
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    This will be the perfect book end to the German WWI bust have on my WB
  3. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Wow is this great.

Its my next bust on the wishlist .

Hendryk
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    A stunner of a sculpt from Carl. I hope you've cast enough Paul this will fly.
    Cheers
    Derek
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

We have seen this before the release and is well worth waiting for ...definately one for me this one , a great companion piece for the Reedees German bust as well .

Great post and details .

Nap
  6. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Love the bust ... but don't like the stand. But that's personal taste and is easily remedied. Was it normal for a right handed officer to where his holster on the right? Looks a bit awkward to draw.

Colin
  7. Iguazzu A Fixture

Spain
    another amazing work by Carl. congrats. As crf, the stand doesn't like me but all the rest is a 10/10
  8. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    This is a beauty, a change of regiment and that'll do me fine! Well done.
  9. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    very nice.Wasn't there an office early in the war kicking "football" towards the Hun lines?
  10. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Hi Colin,

This should answer your question regarding the holster. They were a loose holster that was put onto the belt where the the officer felt comfortable.

Carl

Attached Files:

11. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Thanks Guys!

I'm pleased you like it.
    The point is very easily replaced with an alternative if you prefer
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Off the top of my head that was the London Irish Rifles at Loos 1915 I think.

Lovely figure, can't wait to see one painted. (y)

Roger.
  13. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Carl beat me to it. There is a special attachment for the holster so the officer can as Carl noted, wear it so its comfortable.
    Though some wore their pistols on the right side, many British officers wore their pistols on the left side and used a cross draw. It was a hold over from the Sam Browne belt for holding swords. The sword was eventually replaced by the heavy pistols.
  14. ModelCellar A Fixture

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the positive comments. Carl did an outstanding job on this one - as usual =)!

As for the position of the holster, I am right handed and when I am hunting and have my pistol along, I wear it on my right side - more comfortable as Carl says. I personally find it awkward to reach across my body. Besides, in all the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns like "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More". The 'man with no name' is right handed and wears his gun on his right ...and he's pretty quick on the draw!!!

...glad you all like the bust.
    Thanks again,
    Paul
  15. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cracking sculpt Carl, its a WW1 officers release bonanza at present :):)

Stu
  16. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb half-figure which just needs a pair of legs! Any chance of different headgear, e.g. a flat cap or pith helmet?

Mike
  17. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I don't like the pedestal, or the typical Carl Reid hollowed out dimpled back.:rolleyes:
    But will I be getting one? Too right,
    Another cracker,
    Carl.(y)
  18. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Is any UK stockist stocking the figure?
  19. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Another cracking Carl Reid sculpt, beautifully cast by Model Cellar.

Will make an excellent ANZAC once the necessary modifications are made.
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,
    As the comments say a really good sculpt , a good point about the base though there is a lot going on with all the belt/holster etc .

The hollowed out back ...a trade mark perhaps ..

an Anzac ....look forward to that one Tony

...options of different headgear ..that would be a great opportunity also IMO and some weapons as well ....what about it Carl ?

UK supplier ...I have got my previous from SK miniatures so I would hope that Steve will get this

Nap
    Ventress likes this.