1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Model Cellar -Billy Bishop

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by carpo, May 7, 2013.

1. carpo Active Member

Australia
    Hi all,
    It has been some years since I painted a figure and I broke the drought with the Model Cellar Billy Bishop.
    I have been making some of the superb Wingnut Wings models and needed some figures to go along with them. This is my first of hopefully many.
    I am looking to change (quite dramatically) the way I do flesh tones - I use oils but they look a little orange for my liking. Can't seem to get away from this.
    Obviously I have replaced Billy's head with a Verlinden one I had in the stash.
    Cheers,
    Carpo

Attached Files:

2. pte1643 Active Member

When I initially saw the pics I thought "That doesn't look much like Bishop!"

Then I actually read the post. :whistle: :D

Nice work... The trenchcoat looks spot on.
  3. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    If you add a touch of blue into your basic mix this will !grey down " the orangey tone.That's some paint job you've done on his coat!!!!
  4. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    The leather coat is incredible. (y)
  5. carpo Active Member

Australia
    @ Brian - thanks for that tip - I will definatly give that a go very soon. Model Cellar have just released (or will soon) another two 54mm RFC figures (pilot and mechanic)
    The coat took about an hour to paint - three shades of brown and a sepia ink wash and all is done! Oh and a coat of satin varnish.
    It took longer to do the face and hands!
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent piece.
    The flesh doesn't look too orange.
    Carl.(y)