1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

'MJ MINIATURES' New Release for Jan, 2015

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by bagijiny, Jan 2, 2015.

1. bagijiny Well-Known Member

South-Korea
    'MJ MINIATURES' New Release for Jan, 2015

Dear all friends,

Thank you very much for your support of our products in 2014.
    I think that we are have many pleasure to your interest.
    We promise for this year, we will make more great quality figures for 2015.

Pleased to inform you new released figure for January.

- Roman Centrion, AD 9.

Code : MJDG12-002
    Size : 1/12 Scale
    Material : Resin
    Pieces : 13
    Sculpted by Dae-Hyeong, Kim (DG Art Work)
    Box art by Man-Jin, Kim
    Retail Price : 50USD

MJ Miniatures always welcomes new dealers and distributors.

If you are interested in dealership or distributorship in your area or if you want more information, please contact us.

www.mj-miniatures.co.kr

email : mjminiatures@gmail.com

I hope you like and thank you very much once again.

All my best regards,

MJ, Kim

Attached Files:

Captain Lol, Mark S, pmfs and 14 others like this.
  2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Most excellent MJ and up to your usual high standard of work. Hope you do well with this one.

Cheers
    Tommi
  3. Funky50 Guest

This is a lovely piece of work....It seems new ground is being broken daily now with the quality of figures and busts being produced these days...Stunning...Kevin
    BarrieHynd likes this.
  4. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Very great sculpt and paintjob - i love ot ! Hendryk
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Another cracking piece of work from MJ ...great painting and a great start to 2015

Nap
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Unfortunately, once again a Roman with the historically wrong arm cuffs.

And also: No cross standing helmet bush, no Centurio ...

Pity!

Cheers
  7. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Nice, just wish it was a bit larger scale to go with my other Romans
    tonydawe likes this.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    A cracking bust but I wish it was 1/9th scale
    JasonB likes this.
  9. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow!! I've been waiting for a Centurion bust I like.
  10. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yawn.... There seems to be a fashion for generic done-over-a-hundred-times Romans...

One or two busts do stand out from crowd, but crowd seems to get bigger and bigger, turning into mob...
  11. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    :rolleyes: this bust is nothing to yawn about. This is the best centurion bust I've seen....and 50 USD. ANOTHER BRAVO :singing:
  12. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    I don't remember seeing any of your sculpts Gaudin. Nicely done bust with great movement and detail
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes another Roman - but does it really matter? Buy it if you like it and want it, pass on it if you don't. With so many great new releases appearing all the time, I've long since stopped worrying about such things. Bottom line is that Romans (like WWII Germans) are a very popular subject, which is we we see so many of them.

This one doesn't particularly excite me (nice sculpt though it is) but a pound to a pinch of snuff says that there'll be something else along very soon that will have me salivating and reaching for the wallet. In the meantime I hope it does well for MJ because its the bread & butter stuff like this with broad appeal that helps keep the figure companies going.
  14. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Paul, there is a search function on this website and member profiles- you can use it to refresh your memory, as you commented on some (not sure about relevance, but since you mentioned...)

Steve, I love Romans, nothing wrong with romans. And you have hit the nail on the head too - "doesn't particularly excite me".
    I want to see something more original than same centurion concept in same armour in 100 barely different poses. Thats all. Hense the "yawn".
    Babelfish likes this.
  15. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely done bust but why do so many get the helmet crest wrong and label it "A Centurion"? Young Miniatures did the same with their Centurion bust as well. I will stand corrected, but I thought only 'Optio' rank wore this type of 'back to front' crest and Centurions had transverse mountings for theirs?

Bistray - Dimitri produced a tremendous Roman Cavalryman in sport armour' bust a short time ago and posted it up on PF (which I have) and it's a very nice piece indeed. Something 'different' as well to add to the display cabinet already bursting with Roman figs/busts. Take a look and you won't be disappointed if you are a Roman fan yourself.
    Gaudin likes this.
  16. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    3rd comment......yes I do wish the crest was on right....:sorry:
  17. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Great kit! I've always got room for another Roman. May I suggest people have a look at Stephen Dando-Collin's book "Legions of Rome" which has the design for all the different imperial legions shields, and their histories, to give a bit of inspiration
    Redcap and kevininpdx like this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

Some interesting comments and I agree with Babelfish , bread and butter stuff ..keeps this level of skill available to the hobby.

Interesting stuff on the helmets and cuff bands ...be very interested in some references/ pictures as this is a period I would like to know a lot more about

Nap
  19. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

A SUPERB PIECE and congratulations MJ and DH, 2 guys that both work very hard within this hobby and a company I very much want to see succeed :)

I can never get the negativity when a piece is released, constructive is one thing but if you just don't like it then move on, does it really need a comment. For every boat it doesn't float, somebody else will like it. It is undeniably done very well so I see any negative comments are subjective and personal preference.

Isn't it better to have a piece produced and to choose rather than never have the option.
    I am especially surprised as the negativity was from somebody who has some experience in the market and I thought would know better, this piece is also designed as a companion piece to a recently released bust.
    http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/dg-artwork-new-release-for-november-2014.68597/

There seems an air that the manufacturers are at fault for a lot, from price, state of the hobby, the obvious recent threads that are no fault of their own and in this case picking a wrong subject.

As said, for me this is a great piece and very well done to both sculptor and painter :)
    Best wishes
    kevininpdx, Tubby-Nuts2 and Funky50 like this.
  20. Funky50 Guest

Have to agree with all of that Graham...... To be honest we all have different interests and I would happily have a cabinet full of Roman Figures if it's sculpted to this high standard and it's great that producers who take all the risks bring us such well sculpted specimens.....for me I would quite happily never see another Nazi/SS Figure for personal reasons but whatever floats your boat as it were and although I don't agree with the subject matter would still hopefully recognise if it was a outstanding sculpt which I believe this is and not dismiss it as a yawn(A Bit Harsh)....hope this does well for you guys and I for one will buy...Kevin
    napoleonpeart and kevininpdx like this.