1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Mitches Afghan Infantryman 200mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Gellso, May 4, 2014.

1. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is the Infantryman completed with base.
    Some all round pics for you to peruse.

This guy goes together brilliantly. The lower legs fit just above the knee pads and the arms slot into place with no need for filling. Really well put together sculpt from Moz.

Gells

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent finish Grant.(y)
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Really nice this mate, camo looks superb (y)
    Steve
  4. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Great paintwork!
    Ciao by Maco
  5. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work!
    Karl
  6. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Grant
    This is an awesome piece of art work every element from the smallest to the biggest being given the same attention which brings together this wonderful sculpt , which if I had sculpted would make me extremely pleased that the sculpt has been brought to life I am sure Moz is .
    All the best Chris
    (Can't sculpt) by the way lol
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top paint-job Grant. Looks terrific. The only thing I'm not too keen on about the sculpt is the head. It reminds me very much of the "new Action Man with gripping hands and realistic hair" from the '70s.

- Steve
  8. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Damn fine work Grant, you nailed it (y)!

Joe
  9. offo A Fixture

Great work , my friend
    .(y)
  10. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Amazing painting Grant,
    Right out of the top draw.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  11. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Wow, this is amazing! I liked the figure when I first saw it and now it looks even better painted up... Well done.

Moz should really be proud with what you did with his figure.

Mario
  12. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic paint job on this Grant.I couldn't get up to the Perth show to see it but Ross tells me that it looks even better in the flesh. Congratulations on winning with this at the Show.
    I've assembled one ready to paint and will be using your pics as a guide.
    Cheers
    Gordon
  13. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Top job Grant, superb painting all round. He does remind me of Action Man, as Steve mentioned, but that does not detract from the fantastic job you've done with this great sculpt. Obviously a well deserved win (reading between the lines, I'm presuming this was at the Scottish Nationals?). I doff my hat to you sir...

Doff my hat.jpg

Thanks for sharing with those of us who couldn't make it to the show (y)

Cheers,
    Billy :)
  14. swralph A Fixture

Nice work all round
  15. Funky50 Guest

Stunning work on this figure...especially the Camo.....well done...Kevin
  16. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks to everyone who commented.

Hi Steve (Babelfish), yeah mate I wasn't sure about the head at first either for the same reason, but once it's painted it really grew on me and now I feel that it matches the ruggedness of the rest of him and the strong confident pose. He does have an alternative head which I intend to paint as soon as I get time.
    However he's a mean looking Mofo right enuff.

Gells
    Babelfish likes this.
  17. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Dont know how i missed this one mate, great job you did with him.
    Certainly couldn't miss it on the table at Perth, looks even better in the flesh.

Barrie.
  18. nautilas Member

United-States
    Fantastic figure and painting top notch, i would love to see him in the flesh and would love to have a go at painting him but the camo scares me to death,roy.
  19. nautilas Member

United-States
    HI again i thought sod it and i have just bought him so i will have to take on the camo, do you have any tips on the best way to go about it, and can you tel me where you got the base, all the best roy.
  20. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roy,

The base cost me 99 pence from my local charity shop (remember, I'm Scottish), it's actually a cheap travelling chess set but the wood looks like excellent quality.

I did a Step by Step for the MTP here:

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/multicam-200mm-marine-afghanistan.53550/

I lightened the black and white streaks for the new Infantryman as these were too bold.

Also here for the above guy where Taff has posted some excellent reference pics of the boots and helmet as well.

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/mitches-200mm-afghan-infantryman.62958/

If you need any more advice please just ask.

Cheers,

Gells