1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mirage Hobby – Kit Review 200mm

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Guy, May 15, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Mirage Hobby – Kit Review 200mm
    US Officer 116 RGT, Omaha Beach

200mm resin kit w/brass photo etched accessories
    sculpted & painted by Jacek Spychalski (member-planetfigure)

[IMG]

This all resin kit is made up of 27 parts including the brass etched sheet with radio dial, unit badge, and other detailed parts. The base comes in a separate box and is the size of the box. A color guide in English is included identifying all the major components.

[IMG]

The main parts of the body (excluding accessories) are shown here with the usual mold plugs attached. I did not see any major plugs that would cause any difficulty in removing.

[IMG]

The head and helmet are separate and as you can see in the photo, I have drilled at the bottom of the neck as I would when I paint the head and do it seperated from the body.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Exceptional detail has been given the accessories and all are cast separate for ease in painting and attaching later.

[IMG]

The upper torso is cast seperately from the lower torso and legs and each was test fit to ensure proper fitment.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The base is all resin with extra fine detail shown to extra footprints and fine beach sand.

[IMG]

I would highly recommend this kit for any WWII collector. I will be starting this figure in my vbench right after the Tulsa show in June.
  2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for the review, Guy!

Looks tempting. Where to get me one, preferably Poland perhaps as it is now a member of the EEC?

Cheers
  3. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Guy ,thank you very much for kind words about my work, they are much appreciated.

Yes Janne, Poland is now a member of the EEC

And more pictures of this figure:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Best Regards

Jacek
  4. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    Thanks for the review Guy. Plus supplimentary photos by the sculptor, Jacek! What more could we ask for. Great looking kit.
    Rob