1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Minuteman models kurt meyer 1941

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by pinsel, Feb 26, 2011.

1. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    dear community
    what a great morning this was,postman did deliver my eagerly awaited order from MINUTEMAN MODELS USA.
    The dispatch was fast an reliable.it arrived within 10 days.The runner of the company Mr.Jose Rodriguez has the habbit to dispatch the orders fast and securely packed.
    full points for that.
    The kits are packed in an stout cardboard box with boxart showing some painted some unpainted.
    at side one sees an orginal photo of the man and the likeness is first rate
    so again full points for the sculptur Mr Ken Farrar.
    On opening the Box one finds the parts packed in an ziplock bag.the most enyoyable aspect is one gets an plinth with it.Often missing in other company offer.
    Full points for that from me.
    Inspecting the parts show some minor seems benath the moulding plugs but nothing which should not be fixed within some 15 minutes.the parts are crisp and the rendering of shoulderboards ect is very fine.
    and best the bust is not nimble but has an good size and is real 1:10 like offered so one has something of good size to show in the cabinets
    again full points for this.
    now the head is in my oppinion first rate in dramatic expression as likeness.i freely admitt that iam an fan of Mr Farrars works.
    for me again full points.
    dryfitting the parts did show very good fit with only an smidgen putty needed.
    thats what one likes to see assembled and basecoated within 20 minutes....
    for me again full points
    as resumee
    you get an first rate moulded sculpted bust for 30 DOLLARS
    this seems in regards to other offers on the market very fair priced.
    even more because the quality can compete with the leading companys on the market.
    so i can only repeat i love this bust as the others i did order.
    if you like busts and search for an great addition for your collections
    try this.
    i may sound overenthusiastic but i am not.its only that i am full pleased with the service and product from MINUTEMAN MODELS.even as person which did order from germany.
    i found the ordering without any problems and got my models very fast.
    if i should rate it in an level from 1-10 i would give it an ten.

Attached Files:

gordy and winston like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great review, shame about the over exposed pictures.
    Carl.
  3. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    yes picture are the main problem.but i thin Ken showed his great work in good pics already.i can only state all the bust i bought from the company are brilliant.i cant wait untill the release the next ones Ken did.
    cheers
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice Review Markus and a nice kit from Ken and Jose.

Steve
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you for posting Markus (y)
  6. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    dear fellow painters
    dear gordy
    well thanks for your kindness but the credit for it goes to KEN AND JOSE.i hope we will see many more offerings from them.
    best whishes
  7. tigerdio Active Member

United-States
    Thank you so much for your kind remarks.

I try to ship every single order as fast as I can, sometimes regular job travel gets in the way and I make my fair share of mistakes but I strive to give you the customers the best possible service as well as a secured shopping experience.

Shipping delays at US Customs is wrecking havoc with orders for all distributors/manufacturers. I sent a customer in Canada some bases from my other company 2 1/2 weeks ago and he still has not received them.

Also shipping to Newzeland right now is very backed up due to the earthquake.

Cheers, and thank you for your support and kindness.

Sincerely,

Jose.T.Rodriguez
    David Ackerman
    Minuteman Models