1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Minor Conversion-Young's Fallschirmjager's Now A Medic

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pops, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Very early days yet. My attempt to rectify an under-developed role in the figure model world (too many SS MG42 gunners out there!;)).

This will be my (probably sole entry) at this year's IPMS at Telford if all goes to plan.

regards

Dave U

Attached Files:

Fex and kaz6120 like this.
  2. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Nice simple idea
    Pops likes this.
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Very nice ,i love the helmet (y)
    Pops likes this.
  4. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks chaps. Most of the work done so far has been on the bag and the helmet...
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    little by little..it will look awesome when completed.
    Pops likes this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Impressive start Dave.
    Carl.(y)
    Pops likes this.
  7. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The eyes will be my Nemesis...never could master painting them! Tried the decals from American but they were too damned flimsy to work with...Perseverance is the name of the game!
  8. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    UPDATE-About 80% there. I need to get on and paint the face...been avoiding him! The splinter pattern 'rain' effect has been a be-atch to do...it's not brilliant but hey, nobody died in a ditch and I'm not going to worry too much.
    IMG_2670.jpg IMG_2671.jpg IMG_2672.jpg IMG_2673.jpg IMG_2669.jpg

Attached Files:

billyturnip likes this.
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks pretty good to me I'm no expert but it looks right to me,liking the bag with his swag in it
  10. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    IMG_2815.jpg IMG_2816.jpg IMG_2817.jpg IMG_2818.jpg IMG_2819.jpg IMG_2820.jpg IMG_2821.jpg

I've painted this chap by leaving the face until last (still to do!) as I wanted to determine if he'd make a decent enough medic. Guess i'd better get on and finish him but work keeps me away from the workbench... :(
  11. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very clever and perfectly executed!
  12. Pops Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That's most generous of you to say so, Dr F. I'll be pleased to see him finished. It's an area of modelling that I feel is under-represented (ie too many SS MG Gunners, IMHO) on any side of the conflict (I'm biased, as a nursing officer anyhow!). That said, once he's done I move on to Young's MG 34 Gunner as my winter project! :bored:
    Dr Force likes this.