"Mini" Maximus 54mm La Torre

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Feb 13, 2008.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

One of my favorite figures is La Torre's magnificent Roman Cavalry Officer 180 AD, which bares an uncanny resemblence to Russell Crowe;) , in his role of General Maximus in the epic movie "Gladiator":cool: :cool: :cool: . The figure depicts Maximus on the eve of battle in Germania, and thinking of home:) .

For me this 54mm figure is a huge change in scale, as I've been painting mostly 315mm figures for the past 6 months.

As they say, a change is as good as a holiday:D .

He's now primed and ready for painting.

"Mini" Maximus is positioned next to my 315mm Naked Army Artillery Trooper to give you some idea of the difference in scale.:eek: , and I've thrown in a pic of the box art which I'm using for reference:) .

Strength and honour.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    WOW I didn't realise that the naked army figure is SO BIG!
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Tony,
    You gonna enyoing this figure. And i think you gonna be in love with the 54 mm.
    At least this is a figure everybody must paint:eek::eek:
    Keep us informed.

marc
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Marc,

This is the third 54mm figure I've done, and I'm struggling with the adjustment in scale. Everythings so small!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I'll stick with the BIG boys:D , bit I must admit I'm really excited to be finally painting this particular figure - it's a classic:) .

Cheers
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Tony,
    Enjoy the change and have a great time. Your favorite size scares me to death.
    Cheers
    John