1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mine

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Nov 30, 2004.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guys, I know that this is not really figure related but I just couldn't help sharing this thing with you. This is the latest commision I have been working on lately and it's definately the strangest. Believe me it was a huge headache , especially not being in the human form :lol: The upper spiked sphere was made using a billiards ball , forming putty over it. I couldn't take pictures of the finished piece since I wasn't able to hold 27 pieces together that long. So I took a pic of all the parts and a pic of the real thing leaving you to figure out where evrything goes :lol: :lol:

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    some parts held together with blu tac

Attached Files:

3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    the real thing

Attached Files:

4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ermmmm what exactly is this?? looks good though :p
  5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    My fault my friend. I didn't tell you what it was. It's an anti sub mine. Don't ask what period cause I simply don't know. I was so baffled when I got he pics that i didn't bother to look further. It might be WW2 though

Stephen Mallia
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Stephen!

That is pretty amazing! Looks very good indeed, hell of nice job as matter of fact!! I would not have know where to start, but you really pulled it off very nicely!
  7. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Stephen (y) (y) !! Will this be released commercially and by whom ? Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders , Thanks. In fact you're very right , I didn't know from where to start but after some deeeeep thought I came up with a design that seemed like working.

Keneth , the mine will be cast but not to be released commercially. I 'm informed that it will be presented to officers on their retiremnet or something. Don't know really!!! :lol: :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  9. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    This is pretty cool. This looks like an old WW1/ WW2 ASW contact mine.

They still fish these suckers out of the atlantic and med.

Are you going to paint this like your photo here or weathered and rusted?
    Pls post the painted completed version! (y)

Keith
  10. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Keith , yes , just for the fun of it I will paint one and keep it a a memory :lol: I agree with oyu it has to be all rusted up.

Stephen Mallia
  11. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Stephen,

This is pretty cool and you have done a nice job.

Joe
  12. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Joe. Don't know how I pulled it off actually.It was so weird :lol:

Stephen Mallia