1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mind the bannister!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Normo, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gang

Finished this today (a christmas present) She caused me all sorts of grief and I had to in the end to scratch build the bannisters and rail because of great difficulty in aligning the nine plain bannisters that came with the kit!

I defy anyone to make a decent job of the original kit, now theres a challenge!

Not the best thing I have done and I am glad to get her finished and out of the way, win some and lose some!

Cheers

John

Attached Files:

2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Wow John thats a really cool figure you made . I like the transparency effect you achieved and the overall picture !!! Bravo

Costas
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, you're too hard on yourself. This is a nice piece, the transparency you got on the nightie is great. Fun piece!

Jay H.
    Okc
  4. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jay and Costas

Thanks guys for the encouraging remarks It really was a fun piece to build and I suppose the challenges these figures set us are part of the reason we paint these little gems
    I shall do another in the range but perhaps I picked the most difficult one to construct for a starter!

Onward and upward!

Cheers

John
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work John. I agree with Jay....the transparancy is awesome.
  6. Demchenko A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Well done,John!
    Transparency effect really looks so nice, like famous Gil Elgreen`s pin-up,I like it!
    Only I have doubt about stairway parapet...look too low.If this girl will be stand on this starway ,height of parapet will be near her knees level.But it`s no so serious for this good job.
  7. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Demchenko

Well spotted! I had not realised that the rail was so low
    I was so busy trying to build the bannisters I had not realised that it is a bit low
    Glad you like it anyway

Thanks again

John
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    John,
    I agree with the above, you achieved a very nice effect with the transparency. Great job.
    Cheers
    John
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    John,
    I can only echo the guys before me. Great work.

Marc
  10. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    John,
    great, and acheiving the transparency effect is to be applauded.

I've looked at the figure on the website, and thought that aligning the uprights would always be fiddly and challenging!

Your solution is great (if a little short, I didn't see it either) and when I attempt this kit, I will try something similar.
    Any pics of the other side of her?

Cheers