Minamoto no Yoshitsune bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Roman, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Roman Active Member

United-States
    Hello!
    This is a bust representing Minamoto no Yoshitsune. It is a two option bust. Hope you will find it nice.
    Special thanks to Mr. Naoya Yamaguchi for sending me great pics of the japanese armour of the Heian period.

Attached Files:

2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Roman-will this be available commercially? Superb work!

Keith
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Never paint a samurai, but this could be the first if it goes commerical..

marc
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Beautiful and clean sculpting, love all the threading on his armour. After painting Pegaso's 90mm full version, I know how intricate the patterns are to paint, quite a challenge but worth it
    Ben
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Now that looks a stunning challenge , hope it does go commercial I'll be in the que
  6. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    This is without doubt the first Samurai bust or figure I've been interested in.
    It's superb.
    Derek
  7. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    [This is without doubt the first Samurai bust or figure I've been interested in.
    It's superb.
    Derek ]

Have to aggree with Derek on this one,Fantastic !!!!

Cheers David
  8. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Roman please please say that it will go commercial!!! Lovely piece of work and excellent sculpting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    WOW......this really turned out beautifully. Great sculpting Roman. Will it be available commercially?
  10. Roman Active Member

United-States
    Hello
    Kieth, Marc, Ben, Ronald, Derek, David, Nicolas Thank you for your kind words. I do hope this bust will be available commercially.
    Roman
  11. Roman Active Member

United-States
    Many thanks Guy.
    Roman
  12. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Great piece. Let us know if it will be available commercially. Once it happens I will be getting one for sure.
  13. Nap A Fixture

England
    Roman ,
    A stunning piece , absolutely full of details , sculpting and subject are 1st class

Nap
  14. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Great piece ,I wait the commercial issue.

Jose Luis
  15. Ulrich PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    I will buy one for sure too if it will be a commercial piece and think I will get some for my shop. Great bust. Only one question about the swords. The Wakizashi seems to be ok, but the katana look a little bit too short.

Ulrich
  16. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Never done a Samurai but i would consider it now looking at that piece.

Ulrich, referance the swords did they not have a set of 3, that maybe the dagger (sorry I don't know the name,doh!) and the short sword (Wakizashi) are shown and the Katana isn't depicted, possibly!(n)
  17. Ulrich PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    Hi Karl. May be, I know for the normal cases only two "swords": The Wakizashi (between 30 and 60 cm) and the Katana (~ 60 cm ) or the long form Tachi (over 75 cm). The dagger = tanto (30 cm)I would not expect with such a armour at that place, but may be.
    Ulrich
  18. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That's right, the Tanto! Thanks Ulrich.
    I'm impressed with your measurements for sword lengths and didn't know about the Long Sword(Tachi)

Very interesting ! That's sparked more of an interest in the Samurai for me.
  19. Roman Active Member

United-States
    Piotr, Kevin, Jose, Ulrich and Karl, many thanks for your kind words. Yes, the bust will be commercially available. Ulrich, the sword will be a bit longer. Thank you for pointing this out.
    Roman
  20. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Roman be sure to let us all know when and who will be releasing this-looks like there will be quite a queue!
    Congratulations on such a great sculpt,

Keith