1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Miltary Miniatures Warehouse - new release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by milminwh, Oct 19, 2007.

1. milminwh Member

[IMG]

Greetings,

Here's a new release that's a little different:

"Iron Jawed Angels" Women's Suffrage Movement, Washington DC, August 1918.
    Alice Paul & Lucy Burns 54-mm scale resin kit, figures sculpted by Stephen Malia, box art by Ric Fenner. Kit includes two figures, black wrought iron fence, brick wall, scenic base, paper fliers (as shown in Alice Paul's left hand & discarded on base), and three signs (including National Women's Party "colors" banner shown on right). Note that clothing on both women represents World War I-era fashion, meticulously researched (and brilliantly sculpted!) to insure historical accuracy. Scene depicts both women outside the White House in Washington DC. Brick wall & fence modeled after the White House enclosure where the women actually picketed President Woodrow Wilson in 1918 (and were subsequently arrested!) The "Kaiser" Wilson sign enraged many & led to one of the women's many arrests & incarceration, as it hit on a sign of the times as the US declared war on Germany. The young suffragists conducted a hunger strike while in jail, and were force-fed with the use of iron jawed-clamps, hence earning their nick-name. Late 20th century studies of the passage of the amendment granting American women the right to vote gives more credit to these young ladies in getting the law ratified.

For additional photos, kit description, and historical background please visit our web site.

Regards,
    John
    Military Miniatures Warehouse
    http://www.milminwh.com
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome scene John. I remember you telling me about this on the phone. It really came out great.
  3. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    My girlfriend will be pleased; at last some 'normal' female figurines
  4. btavis Active Member

United-States
    I love it.
  5. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    It's like something you'd produce Bob!
  6. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Don't think it wasn't on my list.
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, very nice, thanks for posting.

Cheers
    Roc
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is a must have
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very, very nice! Congrats to Stephen and you both!

All the best,
    Dan