1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MilMod Vol34 No 04 Apr May 2004

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by RobH, Apr 10, 2004.

1. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all

Saturday morning and just got my subscription copy of Military Modelling; nice read with my cup of tea (British, me).

Quick summary of what might interest readers over here in the Planet

Famous British Regiments: 28th Reg of Foot 1694 - 1881, 61st 1756-1881, The Gloucestershire Reg 1881-1914

Will I see you Again? by Calvin Tan: 8 pages on mainly the painting of Calvins 120mm Marine at Hue, that some of us here saw at Euro Militaire

US Marine Recce Desert Storm: by Bob Knee Jnr: 6 pages on 2 120 mm Velinden figures in a Vignette showing the 6 colour chocolate chip camo and the newer 3 color deset camo.

How to Paint Realistic Leather: by Hardy Tempest; 2 pages covering Hardy's leather painting technique as seen on his version of Latorre's WW1 pilot.

There you go then; not too bad. In the UK shops next Friday, I believe.

Morning All :lol:

Rob
  2. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks dood

Look forward to mine off teh shelves on friday, still waiting for my HM from bonapartes

No mags all weekend to read :(

Robin
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Just got my HM in the mail.........now I have something to read while this "Garage Sale" is going on. Last day of the sale with a lil coin for that figure I have been drooling over.
  4. johnbrewer New Member

robin, they are on the way. I picked mine up from the shop on Saturday. just happened to be near the shop while visiting my parents. four boxes of mags ready to be posted.
  5. johnbrewer New Member

Rob H, do you think that the ad on page 15 of mil mod will generate any letters to the editor?.
  6. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    John!

Quite possibly! Saw Miniature at Euro and noticed these.

Quite freaky in their realism!

Remember similar subject matter causing a flurry of letters in Historical Miniatures sometime back.

we'll see

Rob
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the info John

Robin
  8. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    What's in the ad?
  9. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Lou

Asian Girls! thumbnail sized pics of upper bodies! Very realistic.

from Miniature Park in Japan

Rob
  10. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Oh, THAT letter to the editor!
  11. Pete_H New Member

Are you serious? I hope we all don't have to read about that "argument" again. Seriously, wouldn't people be taking this argument a bit too far by complaining about this sort of stuff? We see almost the same thing on a daily basis in Britney Spears videos and Victoria's Secret catalogs (just trying to keep it mild here).
  12. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well, the issue hasn't hit the shelves officially yet, so we'll see.

There's always something for Mr Nimby of Tunbridge-Wells to get uppity about.

:)

Rob
  13. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    "There's always something for Mr Nimby of Tunbridge-Wells to get uppity about."

Maybe Mr Nimby needs some of those figures sent to his house!
    ;)
  14. Pete_H New Member

Or maybe he needs the real thing :eek: :lol:
  15. johnbrewer New Member

How about something even more shocking than the naked ladies!!!!!!!!. Le Cimier bust 1/6 th scale of an talin knight in ornate armour, a snip at 72 pounds 50 pence with three pounds postage and packing. Or $130 approx !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Must be very expensive resin in that one