1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mil Mod vol 34 no 6

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by johnbrewer, May 24, 2004.

1. johnbrewer New Member

I was expecting Rob H to have some thoughts on this one so I thought I could do this one.

Grey Gunner by Mike blank, excellent piece about a Swedish Artilleryman. four pictures of the finished piece, but only two pages long, inc pictures. Mike does warn that thsculpting angle is covered in the new book, but I would have like to see some more text on the subject. Approx 3/4 page in total.

Famous Regiments, this month the Gordan Highlanders 4 pages plenty of pictures.

The Chosun Two by Adrian Hopwood. this is a 6 page feature on the Korean General busts of MIG and Legands. Nice comparison of the two with plenty of pictures, ,leaving the reader to make up thier own mind. Good too see that he that he calls them Darn Scales on the armour as well as me!.

William Mareschal by Adrian Bay. This is a sculpting piece doing a conversion on the 75mm Pegaso hospitaller running figure. this for me is the pick of the bunch running over 3 pages. an excellent read.
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Well one John!

Was away this weekend and got mine late last night!

To add to John's comments, the painting article from Mike Blank is for the SBS figure he cover's in the book - If Mike's book had been a Bill Horan sized voklume, these two pieces would go hand in hand.

Adrian Bay's article is definately the best read; useful photos of the resculpting of a Preiser head in it.

Rob