1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mike's RNZAF Battle of Britain Pilot for Wings Cockpit

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike - The Kiwi, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Again thanks for coming back to me.
    Realise This guy could be sort of remedied with next series of figures & spare heads coming out.
    Simply replace head with TypeC, tidy up cabling & Mae West as necessary.

Next pilots have leather jackets & Type C headgear - 3 different heads for 2 different figures.
    I was supposed to have these on bench as we talk here but they were list in the post so awaiting resupply at moment. Will get on with some Luftwaffe figures in meantime ;-)

On the map, having used these a lot when I was young I do have a feel for the look & tried not to over scale the detail as some painted/printed versions can be.

I've bookmarked your posts on Life Bust & will be correcting as per points you make there.

Appreciate kind comments on painting & colours : )

Stay safe,

Mike
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Agree with you Adrian on both counts : )
    Hope to connect with Alan's family to get this on the money, plus use DBenz's constructive advice here.

More later,

Mike
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Chris,
    Mike Good did a nice study of a young pilot almost exactly as per famous shot of Cobber with his distinctive forelock blowing wind: http://www.ultracast.ca/products/54/009/default.htm
    Though it had a generic face could be converted perhaps.

Other personality head I have coming up is another Kiwi spitfire pilot Bernie Brown
    http://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/125970/kiwi-few-remember-battle-britain

Look forward to getting on with these both in next couple of months.

Our "Few" of "The Few" will be well immortalised in miniatures : )

Stay safe

Mike
  4. chris1 Active Member

Hi Mike,
    Al Deere is a good choice, Maybe you could touch base with his nephew Brendan to get some insights.Also I'd suggest you also grabbing a copy of his book SPITFIRE A RETURN TO FLIGHT.might be useful if you can't get a copy I have it and can help with research if required.On a side note personally for the box cover I'd go with WINSTON CHURCHILL rather than THE PRIME MINISTER otherwise someone might think it's Tony Blair , David Cameron or Heaven Forbid Helen Clark:LOL:

Chris
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Chris mate, have a good contact who's friends with Brendan & so aim to connect up through him when project begins.

Ref "PM" quote on Poster, actually took this from original when there was only one that people knew of ;-)

Stay safe
    Mike