1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mikes Figures at Girona

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike Blank, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Mike Blank New Member

I recieved an email from Mike this morning and he asked me to post these photos for him.

Dear Guy,

I hope you are fine. I just mailed some pics of the figures I had on display at the Girona show in Spain (last weekend)

the figures are:

Napoleon at St:Helena

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Swedsih gunner 1704

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Swedsih artillery officer 1704

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

would be ever so happy if you could post these pics on Planet figure!

Thanks my friend

Take care

Mike
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Mike,

i am not so historicall. Could't you help me. I admired your work at Euro (the vignette off Marlborough). Are these figure's (beside Napoleon) also from the Marlborough wars.
    I must admit when i saw your vignette i did a lot off reading about the Marlborough war and the clothing in that days. I 've seen not so many figure's about this period, and i must say, the figure's you did are great.

Marc
  3. nagashino New Member

Hello Guy

The usual characterful figures from Mike. His passion for the history of his own country's army is to be commended.

I like the dynamism he gets into his action poses, and his figures look "period", not just like modern people in period costumes.

That artillery officer is very nice. It's one I would certainly buy if it was commercially available.

Thanks Mike, and thanks Guy for posting them

Regards

Phil
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike,
    nice work! I particullarly like the Swedish Gunner. 'Course I'm a sucker for something that has a "sence of urgency" to it! :lol: Love his pose and expression.

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow!

If there was ever a lesson in understated brilliance it has to be that Napoleon. His whole stance and presence is so quiet, that you could be forgiven overlooking him almost. Do so and you'd be missing out on a great piece of painting. Mike, your treatment of the colour white is nothing short of magnificent and stands as a lesson to us all. I'm sure I'll refer back to these images often Very well done indeed.
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Mike....I like the Napoleon a lot...the figure says so much yet is so very simple.
    I love the artilleryman...the little tear in the seam under his right arm is a nice little touch and his hair is great...and besides, he reminds me of Jim Dale..great facial expression.
    With the officer I like the way you handled the painting of the lace trim on the pockets and jacket...but the face is excellent...and that wig...it's just great...(you definately got a thing for wigs)...

Great figures.

All the best....Roy.
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another batch of exceptional figures from Mike. The Napoleon is a quiet masterpiece of miniature art. Great stuff Mike.~Gary
  8. elvis A Fixture

:) Great work my friend. you are always a great artist. take care your friend Luca :lol:
  9. jjgurk Member

United-States
    I can only echo all that's been said. Astounding pieces of art.

John
  10. mahross New Member

Mike,

Great figures. I have one as a screen saver, just to inspire me when the PC goes on. The Swedish figures are from the Great Northern War?

Keep up the great work.

Ross
  11. Mike Blank New Member

Dear Friends
    Many thanks for your comments!
    The Napoleon figure was really fun to do, I guess this a good example of a very "simple " figure, no weapons, no uniform and hardly any colours... it´s all about attitude, bodylanguage and carachter... just the way I like doing my fgiures!
    (also, I am not that hot when it comes to sculp details or weapons!)
    The other two dudes in grey are indeed from the Great Norther War (a war which actually went on for 21 years!)
    I have to admit that I really enjoy doing these big barouqe wigs, it helps to capture the feel for the period... for references I like to study the work of Bernini and other Barouqe artists... plenty of inspiration to be found here!
    My next show is Long Island... only two weeks to go, and for this one I will have some figures on display.
    hope to meet some of you guys there!
    Take care

Mike the Swede with an affection for baroque wigs!