1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Mike's 3rd NZ Div Infantryman from AC Models

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike - The Kiwi, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Dominique with patience & attention you can produce a distinctly different figure with Andy's kits. He is a passionate sculptor that enjoys creating 'real' people. Steve from SK Miniatures can source all of AC Models lines.
    Especially nice looking WW1 & Modern kits all of which can be found in his vBench here:
    http://www.planetfigure.com/blogs/avbench.php?name=2416

When you do get some, please share with us here.

Hope that helps,

Mike
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Mario, neat to hear you recall Andy's threads. He puts a lot into these & getting positive comments always help spur him on to improve his techniques.

Glad you found the groundwork of interest, this was really fun to recreate using all natural materials.

Kind regards,

Mike
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    You put it so nicely too Tony ;-)
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for comment. Groundwork uses foliage from out of our garden, couldn't believe what was right under my nose when it came to mini jungle material.

Regards,

Mike
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Always good to hear from you Marc, thanks & have been watching your projects being shared here too.

Hope you are having a Happy New Year in Holland.

Kind regards,

Mike
  6. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Brian, been loving your work too mate. I ended up using the little Sony camera, not as clear as the flash new ones but hopefully helps capture the atmosphere. You still using yours?

Hoping you're having a safe, festive time in Scotland.

Mike
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Carl, good suggestion on the vine nick exactly the sort of thing that would cause this. He's got one on the other knee & quite a few on the left hand collected as he hacks his way through the jungle.

Thanks to for feedback on trousers & hands, never sure if the painting or photos convey the story.

Mike
  8. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    "Realism" is what I'm after Ken, so neat to hear this is what you see when you look at this project.

Ta!

Mike
  9. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Adrian, am grateful for your thoughts.

Mike
  10. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Yep Don, told Andy it would be a stretch last year when it came to painting this. Heck of a year, with hard to get on to the brushes. This was completed over the last couple of months & was good to end 2011 with this one under my belt. I'm determined it ain't going to be so long between figures this year.
    It will mean less time on the PC though, hence keen to thank you & every one here for their feedback while I have a chance this morning.

Bye,

Mike
  11. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thank you Pedro, hoping you are enjoying the Festive time with your family.

Mike
  12. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Really value your post Dave, admire your work immensely. Always look forward to each of your projects.

Safe, holiday greetings.

Mike
  13. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Håkan, thanks heaps for taking the time to post this message.

Cheers to you too.

Mike
  14. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Feels good to get this one completed too Jim. Each of your projects has pricked my conscience over the year to get on with painting. The enjoyment & satisfaction each finished figure offers is hard to beat :)

Worked hard on the groundwork to incorporate a range of natural items to make the most of the impressive tree roots Andy had sculpted. Lots of bits & pieces from garden, beach & around the countryside scavenging all bought together on this base.

Just awaiting a NZ native wooden base from Andy to finally mount him on.

Safe, warm holidays.

Mike
  15. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    Cracking job.
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  16. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah spot on, I use all the stuff in my Garden for foliage and groundwork, you just need a tad of imagination.

Good Stuff mate.

Dave
  17. dinovision79 Active Member

How nice Mike! I too love the camo, the dirt and the overall worn-down outlook. Also a very nice sculpt with great sense of movement!

Congrats!
    Denes
  18. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    outstandin work sir. the sweaty dirtyness of him is very well done. I want to see more of your work this year.(y)
  19. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Denes, good to hear the overall look comes through. I can't claim credit for the movement in the sculpt, Andy did this & one of the reasons that drew me to it in the first place.
  20. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Good stuff Mike! Yep, there will be more projects I'll share here during the year f'sure - already started on something a bit my thing, a little 54mm Soldiers Roman in action. Then should be the popular NZ LRDG bust from Young.

Stay tuned...
    Meehan34 likes this.