1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mike's 28th Maori Bn Sgt - Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike - The Kiwi, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Glad you enjoyed the process Nick. Wasn't sure who was following it & so good to get your feedback.
    Thanks for commenting.

Mike
  2. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Mario really pleased to get your kind note & specific notes on how this looked.
    Yep it was a long project so glad it's over in a positive way.

Thanks!

Mike
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Ben, appreciate you'll have context for these guys so good therefore to hear it looks like he should - from photos anyway;-)

Ta mate!

Mike
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Am grateful for your ongoing encouragement Carl.

Mike
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Offo, Bagelman, Joe, John, Adrian, Ron, Jim, Santiago...
    Guys each comment here is most appreciated.
    Each of these spurs you onto the next challenge.

Stay safe,
    Mike
  6. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Robert been awhile mate!
    Thanks back to you for your post here & continue to enjoy seeing your projects.
    When you gonna share another MedRom subject with us?

Keep painting!

Mike
  7. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hiya Derek nice to get your post. Next project is a smaller one for Andy Cairns - another little Maori this time a bust. Not as demanding in scale but still poses some new opportunities to try more textures out.
    Should be fun!

Stay warm ;-)

Mike
  8. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Thanks Tony, seriously though mate can't see too many tackling this project though I reckon they should.
    Khaki Army have some neat smaller scale full figures in the wings due for t
    Release which I reckon we'll see some interesting renditions on one day.
    Hope we may meet in Brissie later in year at QMHE maybe?

Stay safe in your travels

Mike
  9. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    A little Maori bust will be next in line Richie.
    Thanks for thumbs up, nothing beats an endangered species saying you've done good :)

Mike
  10. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Ken, Marina, Ski, Marc, Markus, Pedro, Gells, Dave, Christiane, John, Captain LOl...

Hi all, trust you'll forgive me for a group response. Getting ready to head to bed but wanted to personally thank each of you for taking the time to comment on this fellow. Each helps refill the brush with a little kind spirit for the next round ;-)

Kind regards,

Mike
  11. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Good to hear from you mate! When I get him properly mounted will bring him up so we can share projects.
    I'm off to UK & Singapore for family holiday in June/ July but plan to try & get to IPMD Nationals in Auckland mid September. Be great to catch up then if you're around.

Trust family all well too

Thanks,

Mike
    Mariobusta likes this.
  12. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    If it's physically possible to do so & I can make it through customs I will mate!

Go the 95th!

Mike
  13. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    You know how much I value your support Andy thanks!
    Time now to start on your bust mate & hope I can him justice.
    Sorry it took so long to get past this guy but didn't want to get distracted.
    Ta for your patience.

Talk more soon,

Mike
  14. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Tony,

Neat to get your comments mate as I follow your big figure work & used your Aussie & Brit 'Greatcoat trio' as guidance as I worked through this project.

Ref making my own bits, sorry too much of a klutz & not good at sewing to get this done with too many bits.

Do you think I should share this guy own some of the 1/6th forums - would others there be interested in this more static representation perhaps?

Thanks again,

Mike
  15. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi again Mike, man it's been a long time since we spent that fab 3 Mikes time in Chicago - hope we get a chance to do it again some time!

Thanks for your insight on my approach. Always value your learned perspective & context with what our hobby is about. Hadn't thought about transition from Francois to Mig but know what you mean, certainly aim for more of the latter in my old age ;-)

Keep inspiring us mate!

"Kiwi" Mike
  16. Tutilo17 PlanetFigure Supporter

Switzerland
    Amazingly realistic replication of the structure of the different materials, namely the webbing and the overcoat.

Congratulations!

Stefan
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  17. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Absolutley Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y) Mike. You have done a fantastic and very realistic job.Look forward to see him in the flesh.
    Regards,John
  18. Mark S Guest

Brilliant, simply stunning!!..Superb painting indeed.
    That sound you can hear is me snapping my brushes in half and tossing them and my paints in the bin..........Cheers mate, well done.
  19. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    You are so right Alan about how these guys tend to standout in a collection.
    I have to work out where I put him now because unsure whether glass shelves in my cabinet will support his weight ;-) nice problem to have & would not have been possible with out your kind gesture.

Thanks mate for giving me the chance to experience this scale & subject.

Mike
  20. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hey Einion neat to hear from you mate & thanks. Good to hear you like him.
    I'm going to be doing a whistle stop,family trip to your land in June so look forward to finally seeing your green landscape. Can't wait to meet the cuzzies there round Trim & Cork.

Stay safe

Mike