1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Mig's Signifer Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike - The Kiwi, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    I did this a while ago, but haven't shared this here so thought it may be of interest. It is a classic bust and was the first commercial one sculpted by Young Bok Song when he worked for Mig Productions.

[IMG]

Kind regards,

Mike

P.S. I did a Step by Step over on MedRom on this bust.
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/medrenfig/messages?msg=1145.34
  2. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mike
    I personally think that this one of the best busts produced and you have made an excellent job of it
    I did this a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it
    I really like your facial tones
    Excellent
    Cheers
    John
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful paintjob. Very realistic!
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful painting Mike to a classic of Young's for MIG. Thanks for posting.
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nicely done Mike. The flesh tones are really nice on this one. A classic from Young and MIG. I have this one in the "wings". This makes me want to bring it out! Well done.

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent Mike,
    Never spotted this on MedRom. It is a great bust, and very arthistic painted.

Marc
  7. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hiya mate :D

I really like what you did with this beautiful bust.......I also have one in the pipeline, but not yet, not yet :)

Regards,

Ray ;)
  8. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Mike, this is a superb effort, I like the face so much. Did you add the sculpted effects to the fur to make it look ruffed up a little, or are they part of the bust itself?!
  9. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    now thats.. stunning mate! suberb face and rendering. Remember seeing this model many times in the magasines and liking it alot. dont suppose it might still be in production?

regards-- tim.
  10. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Simply superb.
    Roberto
  11. theseeker Member

United-States
    Excellent! And of course I had to order it.
  12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Mike, beautiful work on a very good sculpture.
    Thanks for sharing your work with the Planet.

Cheers
    Roc
  13. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Mig's Signifer Bust: By Mike - The Kiwi

Hi guys,

didn't realise this would generate so much interest, seriously it is a kit I did 3 years ago now. I've been very slack lately with other interuptions with family and work. I was mucking around with some web photo editing software and used this photo as tester in Photobucket, was chuffed with the border effect.

Specific responses to each of you below:

Roc - Happy to be here, often visiting only as a lurker, MedRom takes up the majority of web time, and I have to catch up on quite few posts there, however use the Planet to keep me inspired as well.

Anders - I try hard to be realistic in my work, I am a very slow painter as I tend to be a niggly painter constantly reworking areas.

Rocky - Sorry mate this is out of production, there were only 300 around but lots sitting in gray armies by the comments posted here, maybe you could "liberate" one

Guy, Roberto, Jay, Marc and Ray - appreciate your support and comments guys.

John, Tim and Pauly - check out the SBS guys should help provide you the details.

Gotta dash sorry,

Catch ya later,

Mike
  14. dak66 Member

United-States
    Awsome paint job...

I really like the skin tones and the armor.
  15. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Doug,

thanks, skin is actually a blend of a series of mixed media layers including Vallejo base colours which I highlighted with Windsor and Newton Naples Yellow as I thought the original tones I had were too pinkish. Armour was done with a variety of Mr Metals, oils, printer inks and acrylics - anything that seems to give the right look.

Pauly, sorry missed your earlier query, bit of Hardy T's technique used on the fur with a little of my own take on the sculpted oil paint which was overpainted with acrylics - not s'posed to do I know however still seems to be sticking after all these years and easy to touch up when it gets occasionally damages due to rough handling by visitors. You'll see the look of the original oil texturing in my SBS which includes some history of the bust after my email exchanges with Miguel:
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/medrenfig/messages?msg=1145.1

Regards,

Mike
    Michael J Butler
    Host MedRom Forum
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/medrenfig
  16. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Mike that's a great job you did there. I like it especially the flesh tones. Well done

Stephen Mallia
  17. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great painting,I like the fleshtones also!
    christos
  18. vergilius New Member

Belgium
  19. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work on a beautiful bust . What more to say ? Be proud !!
  20. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Steve, Chris, Costas, vergilius(?) - thanks for the supportive comments guys always helpful to get the positive "nudges along".