1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MIG Viking bust finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sambaman, Jun 18, 2006.

1. DangerAtom New Member

Damn Jay!!!

That's all I can say dude....DAMN!!!
    Looks like you're ready for this weekend.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Kevin,
    thank you both for taking the time to comment.

Kevin, this being the first year I really know some folks, and I'm what I would consider really ready to compete for the first time, I am beside myself with excitemnt about getting up to T-town and gettin' in the "figure" groove!
  3. Angaliel Well-Known Member

France
    I'm impressed how rapidely you improve !!!

BRAVO :)

JP
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jean Paul,
    one piece at a time! ;) Thanks for the comment,

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    great job Jay, you don't fancy coming over here and painting the tartan on the Seaforth bust patches do you? :lol:

Roger.
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Jay!

A really neat bust youve got there. I really like the tartan, Im gonna keep that pattern in mind for inspiration. I also like the pattern on the sleeve as well.

Cheers
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Roger, you pay my expenses, and I'd paint tartan on your damn house! :lol: :lol: Seriously, I've never been over seas. So maybe a trip to Euro will be just the excuse to come over some year.
    Thanks for the comment, all I can say from this experience is, take it one color at a time and remember it's just paint. I had to redo some of the small lines on this fellow several times before I got them just where I wantd them! ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jay, Very very nice. I LIKE the tartan. I like your work, what's next? :) ~Gary
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Janne,
    thanks for the kind words. Yeah, that sleave just kinda stood out there with nothing to say, so I figured it needed that pattern on it. ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary,
    thanks for the compliment. Well, I actually just plunked 3 projects down on the bench! First I think it will be Luca's Figuralia Dante bust. I also have my sights set on the United Empire La Tene Celt bust (hope to do some sort of outrageous pattern on the linothorax, all about the challenge!). And I also have the English Longbowman bust by Heroic Miniatures. Diversity is the friut of my labors! :lol:

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jay,
    An absolutely STUNNING piece. :eek: Sometimes it is fun to just paint for experiments. I just wish mine would come out half as well as yours when I am NOT experimenting. It is beautiful. How about seeing it in Chicago?
    I also enjoyed your explanations as it also helps us to maybe think a little prior to slapping paint on. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and work.
    John
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,
    totaly my pleasure. Sometimes I get a wee bit long-winded, but I love talking figure, so what the heck! ;) You know, I would love to make it to Chi-town this year. I don't think I will. Last yaer I sent a couple pieces up with a buddy from our local club and he entered them for me. I don't know if I'll be able to do that this year or not. My plans are centered around a trip to Atlanta in February. Chicago is DEFINITELY on my list, but it may be a couple years before I can get up there myself! Thanks for the kind words.

Jay H.
    OKC