1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MIG Productions Korean General

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by johnbrewer, Dec 24, 2003.

1. johnbrewer New Member

Hi all,

Well here I go. what i would like to do is post my progression of the MIG Procutions bust. As I have posted before it is a superb bust. Casting is excellent woth only three holes found. When you see the scales on the bust it makes you realise how good that casting is. I will start of with the bare resin face
  2. johnbrewer New Member

I have now primed the face and attached the top of the helmet. It does look a bit stange at this stage, the flaps will be added at a later stage. The primer really has brought out all of the details in the helmet casting, Makes you wonder how it was put there by the Yong B Song
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Good Morning John,
    Now I have moved this figure up higher on my "Want List" and look forward to seeing your painting of this figure.

Guy
  4. LCoote New Member

Australia
    John, it's beautifuly sculpted that's for sure, look forward to seeing more

Leigh
  5. johnbrewer New Member

Thank you for your words, progress will be my usual slow and not so sure.
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, that face is just fantastic! If I were to have to have a commercial piece this would be one.~Gary
  7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi John,

i'm cleaning up the very same figure to do an article for Military Modelling, and it has perfect casting, like all the Mig kits I have got so far. I can't hardly wait to start painting.

Greetings,

Gino
  8. johnbrewer New Member

Gino, go for it!!!, the bust is great. i have stated work on the scale armour and have come up with a small problem. I think I will add a Paynes grey wash to pick up the gap between the scales before the colour is painted on as the grey primer is showing through on the gaps between them. Just goes to show they were added one by one, great stuff by the scupltors wife I believe. The pattern on the scales really got me thinking until I got the swing of it, never would believe three colours could be so hard. However those that know me will say it does prove a few points.
  9. johnbrewer New Member

Like forgetting to add the picture!
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    It's coming along well John and I know it took time to do as well. Keep us posted on the progress (y)
  11. johnbrewer New Member

Well I have had a go at the wash and realised that the real problem was lack of effort by myself and trying to rush. Please see attached mark 2. This excerise did make me think that there are a lot of scales to paint
  12. johnbrewer New Member

Well I have had a go at the wash and realised that the real problem was lack of effort by myself and trying to rush. Please see attached mark 2. This excerise did make me think that there are a lot of scales to paint
  13. johnbrewer New Member

More work yet to do in the tidy up stage but I am feeling more happy with it.
  14. johnbrewer New Member

More work yet to do in the tidy up stage but I am feeling more happy with it.
  15. johnbrewer New Member

all of the scales blocked in on the headgear armour. For my next step I think I will give it all a coat of varnish and then start to play around with a few washes of colour.
  16. johnbrewer New Member

all of the scales blocked in on the headgear armour. For my next step I think I will give it all a coat of varnish and then start to play around with a few washes of colour.
  17. johnbrewer New Member

OK i forgot the picture
  18. johnbrewer New Member

OK i forgot the picture
  19. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi John

Looking good, all those scales "shudder" youve amde a great start

Get him finished and we can both show at Huddersfield.

Robin
  20. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi John

Looking good, all those scales "shudder" youve amde a great start

Get him finished and we can both show at Huddersfield.

Robin