1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Michel Ney - Elisena figure at 54mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kisifer, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello fellow Planeteters.

Taking advantage of our Easter holidays, I managed to finished this nicely sculpted figure from Elisena. Michel Ney himself :). I really enjoyed painting this figure, so here it is... ready for your comments and critics.

Xenofon

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one mate. I especially like your work on the eyes, they look especially well painted. Groundwork is excellent and is something you've obviously paid a lot of attention to. Very well done, I really like it. ;)
    You won't be surprised to know I have this in the grey army as well... :lol:
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Xenofon,

You really amazed me with this one. I tink this is your best. The groundwork is good. Keep going.

Marc
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Xenofon,
    he looks great! I love the snow and the mud worked into it. How did you do it?

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Hi Xenofon,

I great work. Congrats.

Can you explain how you did the groundwork?

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Paulo
  6. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Very nice work, bro!
    Snow looks very realictic!

cheers
    Artur
  7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks you all for your very encouraging comments. The groundwork huh? Well first of all I sculpted the whole thing with 2 part epoxy putty, giving it the shape I wanted. I then painted it a dark brown color. I added the broken tree (natural part from a bigger branch). I then added the dirt and painted in various brown shades. Then I mixed white glue, water and Andrea snow and applied it whenever I was thinking it's necessary. When it was fully dried I did a few washes with burnt umber in order to represent the mud.
    Hopefully that may help. If you have any further questions.. feel free to ask.

Xenofon
  8. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Xenofon,

A great figure my friend. His face really looks cold and the snow is just perfect. Will you put it on the Athenes show? If so, reserve some place to take a medal back home.

Congrats on this great figure,

Gino
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Gino. Yes he is coming with me in Athenes Show. Thanks for the wish for a medal :)

Xenofon
  10. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hello Xenofon
    Good painting job
    it appeals to me also the effect of the snow.

:) MAB
  11. Bill Mayo New Member

Must agree! Fine snow effects. Nicely done.
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for your good comments Maurizio and Bill. Greatly appreciated.

Xenofon
  13. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work my friend . I think your groundwork is improving seriously lately !!!!

The figure is nice done and obviously cold !The whole setup works perfectly

BRAVOOO