1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Michael Roberts Lt. Ephraim Corey

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by gordy, Jan 10, 2005.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    [IMG]

Lt. Ephraim Corey appears on the muster rolls of Lt. Nathaniel Sartell's Co., Col William Prescott's Regt dated Aug 2, 1775. Corey, a resident of Stowe, Mass.,enlisted on April 24th, 1775 and served for 98 days. He again appears as a Capt in his own Company (Corey's) in Prescott's Regt in Oct 1775 and this time served for 8 months. The rest of his war record is unknown. He eventually moved to Landaff, NH were he built a grist mill at the mouth of the Landaff (millbrook).

We can assume that as part of Col. Prescott's Regt. Corey fought at Bunker Hill in June 1775.

Of notable interest is that Corey was a direct descendent of Martha and Giles Corey victims of the Salem Witch Trials. Martha was hung and Giles was "pressed" to death in 1692. The famous play "The Crucible" is based on these events.

The Corey family tradition of military service lived on to the Civil War where Charles Corey, member of the 5th NH was wounded at the Battle of Fredericksburg eventually dying of his wounds in the hospital in Washington, DC.

Our February release is my interpretation of what Ephraim Corey might have looked like at Bunker Hill in 1775. The kit 75004 is a 75 mm and will sell for $29.95 plus post. It was sculpted and painted by me and will be available the middle of February in time for debut at the Atlanta Show.

Mike Stelzel
    Michael Roberts Ltd
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike, This is your best to date great job on the clothing it looks great.~Gary
  3. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike, Awesome, simply awesome! I second the motion by Gary. This is one of the best figures ever from you and Michael Roberts! I also want to say thanks for the 70-80 scale. The 54m CS Marine Officer was my alltime favorite! The 70-80 scale is one of my personal favorites. I look forward to seeing you continue the Rev. War theme in this scale. Definitely set one of these aside for me as I will be at your table at our show for one!

Best of Everything and Continued Success, Terry Martin and the Atlanta Gang
  4. IronMike A Fixture

Thanks for the compliments. I really enjoyed doing this figure. My assitant, Sara, is a descendent of Ephriam and that's how I became aware of the story. I like this scale and have already started on a Brit from the same battle. Thanks to Gordy for posting this for me. I just wish the photo was better. I can't seem to get a handle on that.

Mike
  5. IronMike A Fixture

Hmmmmm? Funny because someone else has mentioned that and I believe is preparing for that very conversion. He could also have a sword in his right hand. I would love to have some references for US Rev War flags.
  6. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Mike ,
    You have unpainted photos to show us ?
    Regards
    Julian
  7. IronMike A Fixture

8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well I know what my next MR purchase will be.
  9. Pete_H New Member

Hey there, Mike! This one's a real beaut. The clothing looks great. And what's wrong with the picture? I think it looks good too.
  10. joepanzer PlanetFigure Supporter

:)
    Hi , I want thank Michael Stenzel for the good work.
    The item will be available in
    bestsoldiers.com
    in the next February.
    Sincerely
    Marco Ganghini