1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Michael Kontraros Collictibles (Greece) - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    +++Attention!!!+++Hammerpart!!!+++

Whooooaaaa! This Hammerpiece is in the pipeline of Michael Kontraros...:

Title. "Apocalypse" (The Horsemen of the Apocalypse)
    Scale: Not said, but I think 54 mm (?)
    Resin
    Sculptor: Michael Kontraros
    Boxart: N. N.
    Preice: 260 € until 10th of December, 290 € from 11th of December - plus shipping

[IMG]

[IMG]

Presale begins at 11th of October - only at mkontraros.com

Cheers
    Drenth, gforceman, Tom W. and 8 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Incredible sculpting. Price also ;)

Marc
  3. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

ooooohhhh... christmas springs to mind....
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    His website/Facebook thingy says it's 54mm, so it will be fine for those that can see the excellent detail......pricey, though.
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not cheap.
    I can't help but wonder what this guy must have been smoking when this was conceived, but I am glad he did. This is a masterpiece.
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    As others have said, that's absolutely amazing stuff. But at that price (or even the slightly lower launch price) I doubt it'll be a massive seller. That's a lot of coin for most folk to be able to justify spending it on a model. And shipping will probably add another 15-20 Euros, depending on location.

Maybe if the riders were also available individually, to spread out the cost??

- Steve
    Blind Pew and DEL like this.
  7. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Way out of my price range & much too smaller scale for me...but I have to say it's a fantastic piece of work(y)
    Cheers
    Jim
  8. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I admire the work and painting that's gone into this,but its not my scene and at £232 thats out of my budget range and this is the cheap price
  9. gerryj199 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Landrotten Highlander likes this.
  10. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Incredible sculpting, but not my field of interest and out of my price range as well.
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

A delightful piece. The price of the limited edition is higher due to packaging (wooden box) and quite a few extras and the base. The four horsemen will be available separately later but not the base not the add-ons.

Cheers

Huw
  12. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    That has more then resin written all over it, unfortunately not for my taste....Impressive and interesting sculpt...

Wayne
  13. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I don't faint fantasy stuff but this piece is nothing less than spectacular and incredibly imaginative. I can only imagine the results the top-flight painters will extract from this piece and I would not be at all surprised if quite a few sets were to be sold to people who have no interest in the hobby itself, but will buy it for a commission paint piece of art; because that's what this is - art.

This hobby now reaches highs that were simply unimaginable just 15-20 years ago and whilst expensive, I think (personally) it is worth every last Euro!

Gary
    Blind Pew, Huw63 and Tom W. like this.
  14. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    original !!!!
    Huw63 likes this.
  15. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    This sculpture would have to be encapsulated in it's own case to avoid breakage of the many offshoots that are involved in this piece, as good as it is. Even if it were cast pewter or bronze. That alone makes it hardly marketable. Still an impressive bit of fantasy