1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Mg42 Gunner Budapest 1944-45

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JEF, Oct 6, 2012.

1. JEF Member

Hello,
    After posting on the wrong forum, here I go again :)

I would like to share my first attempt at a 120mm figure after a 20 years break...
    Still going, but I am happy with the results (for a beginner, of course).

Sorry for the pictures poor quality.

More soon... :)
    Cheers,
    Jose
    MG42 gunner.jpg MG42 gunner2.jpg
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    I like the work you have made in the boots , furs, and dirt over the uniform. I like the skin tones too, but considering that this a big scale, maybe you should try to smooth the transitions, specially in the face.

Military miniatures painted by Eduardo Garcia
    JEF likes this.
  3. JEF Member

Thank you for your kind comment and advice... I will try to smooth the transitions... they are more obvious on the photos, but I think that the smoothing is a must... I will post some advances soon... thank you!
    Jose
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Welcome back to the hobby!
    For a new start you have created an atmospheric piece. The smoothing and all the other tricks you'll pick up doing your next ones!

Cheers,
    Adrian
    JEF likes this.
  5. JEF Member

Thank you... it is very inspiring to restart at a time with so much "goodies" and fantastic people doing amazing things...
    Cheers,
    Jose