1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MG42 Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sam b, Nov 28, 2010.

1. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all, this is a Youngs Miniatures’ bust; not the easiest thing in the world to build. I had problems with the left shoulder where the MG42 sits (loads of filling!). It is painted with acrylics, oils and some air brushing. Looking at the figure now, I feel that the face could do with some extra work – which I will remedy. Any feedback would be welcome, as am always wanting to improve.
    Thanks, Sam B.

Attached Files:

2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    I think you did a good job on this bust Sam!

Hi Sam!

Those photos dont show the potential of your work, please dont be angry with me but this is my humble point of view.:cool:
    Maybe less light and another perspectives...
  3. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    hi pedro , i think you right !!! ill see what i can do .
    thanks sam
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Sam,

Thats a really good effort mate. I agree that some extra work on the face may improve the overall look of the bust. To my eye I think you could enahnce the shadows under the eyebrow and under the chin and around the nose to add more contrast to the skin colours. I can see the base colour and the highlights, but very little shadow tones.

I think you could also darken the eyebrows a little to break up the skin colour on the forehead and helpt to articulate the creases in the forehead.
  5. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hey Sam,

Congrats! You beat me to it. And two thumbs up on putting it together at all. I've got so worked up with the project I had to pass the build job onto a legend, and took the finished build back, and somehow ruined everything when moving from London to HK.

Since you are gonna work some more on the painting front, I wont comment now. Look fwd to seeing what you do next with this beauty.

All the best!
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sam, excellent painting of the camo and as you say yourself the face needs a little extra work. I think Tony's suggestions are spot on and look forward to seeing any changes you make. (y)

Cheers Ken
  7. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    hi all , thanks for your comments !!! i think over the christmas holidays i will sit down and try to sort out the face tones , i may change his blonde hair to bark so i can go darker on the eyebrows n so on .
    thanks tony
    i will post him again when finished
    thanks sam
  8. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Don't do that m8 IMO concentrate on getting your lighter hair colours right as you envisaged, I suggest a base of English Uniform with a little deep (dark) yellow. Next shade should be extra deep yellow, then the streaks of blond hair should be sand & deep yellow or even a standard yellow so the yellow is not too strong, with the sand toning it down, same also for the eyebrows. This has worked very well for me on the MIG Panzer comm bust, I'm busy with.I hope I can have been of help.:cool: