1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MG34 gunner Leningrad...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dancap3286, Jan 4, 2010.

1. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Chris...

you do not need to worry about the eagle as not all greatcoats had them but if you want to add one thats fine too.
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    exellent result on this figure Dan, i like the way you have painted the various equipment.

Is there a website to see Jeff`s figures ?

Steve
  3. roadking Active Member

United-States
    Dan - Great job and nice to see these figures once again getting the attention they deserve. Like you I ordered two two see how they looked in person and now I need them all. Shame the first one is no longer in production but sooner or later it will show up somewhere.

Steve - http://jeffshiu.net46.net/main.html

Jim J.
  4. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Steve and Jim...

thanks for the comments! Again I agree with you all these are absolutely some of the finest figures on the market and I too would like to see Jeff get involved with some different subjects as well!
  5. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Dan,
    I've seen quite a few original W-SS greatcoats & surcoats (I used to be a collector before the re-enactors & fakers got really busy)), & all of them had the sleeve eagle....but as I said this doesn't take anything away from the fact that this is a superb figure. The problem's easily fixed anyway, both Aber & Verlinden do photoetch insignia sets which include Army & W-SS eagles in 120mm.
    BTW, were you aware that this figure was sculpted from a photo of a re-enactor in Waffen-SS Uniforms in Colour Photographs by Andrew Steven & Peter Amodio? The pose is identical, so if anyone else contemplating painting this figure needs a good reference that's the book to go for. I think it's OOP now, but secondhand copies are easy to come by.
    Cheers,
    Chris(y)
  6. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent information Chris...

No I did not know that. I will see if I can find a copy somewhere although I think a friend of mine had shared some color photos with me from this book in the past as it sounds very familiar. Cheers!
  7. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great painted figure Dan!

Marcel.
  8. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Marcel...

appreciate the comment!