1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MG-42 gunner

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Kamil Feliks Sztarbala, May 9, 2004.

1. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    A many Years ago, my friend Tomek Mańkowski give me my first white metal figure- it is original Andrea. I don't remembe name of that figure..
    I've glued all parts ( 6:) ) together.. and .. after 3 years i've started pait that figure.. At first i've primmered it with citdall acrylic black

[IMG]

[IMG]

~kamil
  2. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    work in progress.. i'm using acrylic paints from pactra, testors and citadel

[IMG]

and some zooms of face

[IMG]

[IMG]

it is a good training before fiannas..
  3. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    when i look at this figure after some days, and after some not good comments of my friend i was decided to start paint it again from begin.
    BTW- pant rubs away from some edges.. now i will remove paint and primmed figure with citadel primmer in spray
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    You're on the right track there Kamil.......I see alot of bare metal spots now that you mention it. Also.....why is the figure so glossy......what paint are you using? (y)
  5. Kamil Feliks Sztarbala New Member

Poland
    i was planned to paint all figure with dullcote- so glossy of figure was not a trouble. It was paintet only with acrylic paints, matt. Figure was not finished- thats the reaso of metal spots . At this time my MG gunner swimms in washer:)
    ~kamil
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Kamil,my friend,I'm looking forward to the revised paintwork.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Kamil, I wouldn't worry too much about the "swimming figures" I have so many of my own figures that went to "the drink" that they are now accomplished swimmers themselves! :lol: . You came to the right place for help with figures. Even the best of us here receive help and inspiration here. Three things I'd recommend when you start the figure again.
    1- Go through the site and read several articles or even some very well done shot by shot (SBS) and read how some of the painters here do certiean items, i.e. flesh tones, uniform colors etc., etc.
    2- As far as your flesh tones are concerned, I'd avoid the dark grayish/brownish circles around the eyes. If a tires/weary soldier is what you are looking for, there are other ways to do this much more realisticly.
    3- When posting your work here for comments and help, Id reccomend that you paint one item at a time then post pictures of it to get some help. It's easier to help you out if we can see the flesh tones first v.s. the finished (almost) figure. Takes a little longer to finish a fiure that way but the results will be worth it!

Keep us posted once your figures quit doing the backstroke! :lol:

Jim Patrick