1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MG-42 gunner, SS Panzergrenadier Division, Kharkov 1943

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Ran, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Ran Active Member

Singapore
    Hello everyone, it’s lovely to see all the completed figures by the many talents here. I’ve got so mych to catch up and see!

Today, I would like to share my latest completed figure in 1/6th scale, not uploaded anywhere as of yet. The figure is an old Dragon, re-enlisted for this purpose, and had its pigeon-chested chest area Dremelled away for a less He-Man look. The BBI headsculpt was repainted in glazes of Vallejo acrylic tints and medium. I painted the DML Kharkov parka with dark khaki acrylic mixed with medium for fabric painting. Every plastic strapping was painted to appear as weathered leather. Certainly not an easy job, that! The painted DID MG-42 was taken from another figure… so that saved a lot of painting and time too! I painted the molded MG repair pouch and scratchbuilt the barrel handpad out of some serviette paper. Lastly, the Elite Brigade helmet was modified and given the salt water chipping treatment. Once dried, a coat of cheap white acrylic paint was slopped over. I created the chipped and distressed whitewash by scrubbing rather carefully with an old toothbrush to reveal the original base colour. Quite pleased with the effect, I must say.

Thanks for your attention and viewing.

Ran 4225BE92-2F23-4939-A499-DD6F164E9AA0.jpeg 2F800F7E-C274-42FE-BC37-0412CA45723B.jpeg 0E285F44-450F-4FD3-8DF5-B6D7DB0BCCCA.jpeg A1C19CDF-34BC-4B41-A9ED-2FA09B19AD02.jpeg BFC6AAE9-3310-44EF-9DB9-CE3D447331D4.jpeg
    Edorta, Dr Bison, loloped and 6 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ran

Great to see you posting your figures , do like the way you deal with all textures , evident on this , leatherwork is effective as is the helmet

Always good to see your artwork

Why not enter something in the class of your choice in FOTM , don't forget we also have the Vignette & Diorama comp , please take the time to consider and also do vote as well

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next thread

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work

Mobo
  4. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice work...