1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MFCA Preview

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ModelCellar, May 6, 2022.

1. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I understand that the majority of our hobby companies are a cottage industry. After one of this new releases was recently featured as Inbox review on PF by one of our members I contacted Paul without success. Surely one day these releases will become available - model cellar is a reliable and trusted producer - but marketing them could be improved. Cheers Martin
    Floydie64 and Babelfish like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Price depending I'd certainly be interested in the 1/16 version or maybe even the 1/12. Given the subject and the quality of the sculpt I'm sure it'd sell well if & when finally released, and plenty of guys would be interested in an update even if production has been shelved for whatever reason.

- Steve
    Martin64 likes this.
  3. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    If this beauty ever becomes available I'm in for a 1/9th kit. I've got a 1/9th Ranger standing by without an advisary for a vignette.

Please advise when you can, Paul.

Cheers, Ski.
  4. MrBMB A Fixture

Paul mentioned when I got mine that he is trying to catch up on renewing some of his figure casts/molds
    So he can fill orders if someone orders a new figure and some of his older figures at the same time. I guess he just wants to not get behind in orders or not have enough supply.
    Just give him some time, it’s a great figure!!!
  5. Floydie64 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I'm still holding out hope that this Model Cellar set might become available again some day. This was their MFCA Preview from 2018. I've tried and tried to inquire about availability, but no luck. It's became almost a Holy Grail quest for me...
    IMG_6932.JPG
  6. ModelCellar A Fixture

...what he said =)).

Yes, I have just been overwhelmed and can never seems to catch up. I get an order for 5 figures and I have 2 in stock. I like to fill the whole order. That means I have to make 3. Then I pull out the molds and find they have deteriorated and I get bad castings - ARGH! So then I need to pour new rubber and make new molds (which is time consuming) to fill the order. For example, people emailed enquiring about the 1/9 SS guy. I got several that said they want that one and and the 1/9 motorcycle rider. Well, I had to make all new molds for the motorcycle rider.... And now I'm catching up on Motorcycle rider back orders. It just never seems to end. BUT I have been sporadically working on the 1/9 SS guy and the new 1/16 French Poilu. ...and the 1/35 Brits with wounded German too. ....AND the WWI German stormtrooper with dog (in gas mask). I'm hopeful that by this summer I will be a little closer to almost being caught up. Because I have a ton of stuff waiting in the pipeline. (see all my other 'previews'). I've just got to get my self organized=). ...stay tuned.

and thank you everyone for your continued interest and support.

regards,
    Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com
    stoffy01, Babelfish, Nap and 2 others like this.
  7. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Understood and appreciated, Paul.

Well, working as one man band is a tough gig to handle, but at least you're busy, right? When you do get the 1/9th motorcyle rider, chalk one up for me, and when the 1/9th SS figure is ready, one for me also. Don't feel you have to wait to send one or the other, the 1/9 SS figure is my main request. I could use him as soon as he pops out of the mild;)

Cheers, Ski.
    stoffy01 and Mike - The Kiwi like this.