1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MFCA Preview #4

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ModelCellar, May 8, 2022.

1. ModelCellar A Fixture

Manfred, Pavel Raf, Ferris and 7 others like this.
  2. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant and just what I needed having used the same figure (or very similar) for my 1/32 MENG kit of the Dr1.

This is a great release for those for us who also do model aircraft and my order will be going in as I have a 1/24 Dr1 to build as well.. The 'Model Cellar' M-V-R 1/32 figure was beautifully cast, lovely details and a perfect fit.

Gary

FOKKER DR1 - 1A.jpg FOKKER DR1 - 1C.jpg
  3. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Apparently Model Cellar is on a mission to bankrupt me!
    theBaron, Redcap and DaddyO like this.
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great figure. Tempting to buy a tripe especially for him :D

Lovin' the tripe too Gary (The one I'm working on is a wee bit smaller) ;)

Cheers
    Paul
    Redcap likes this.
  5. Billy Dickinson PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Just ordered the Meng Fokker yesterday and was looking for 1/24 pilot for it, to no avail. Opened up P/f forum and like magic there he is, The Baron in 1/24 .. Thank you Model Cellar ! One question though, I guess this figure can depict other WW1 German pilots as well ?
    Billy
    theBaron and Redcap like this.
  6. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom

I don't see why not Billy as with the head all wrapped up against the elements, it could pass off as almost anyone. Indeed, my 1/24 figure will be used in the pit of the MENG 1/24 Dr1 which I am doing as the all-black mount of top scoring Dr1 ace Josef Jacobs.

Gary
    Billy Dickinson likes this.
  7. Billy Dickinson PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Gary, I was looking at the Josef Jacobs colour scheme decals on Aviattic website as well, but have now decided on the last all red scheme of MvR, with the Balkankreuz, April 1918 I think…

Billy
    Redcap likes this.
  8. ModelCellar A Fixture

Hi Billy,
    Well, when Mike sculpted it, I sent him some castings of the head from our other 1/24 Richthofen that he had previously done for us (and it's a great likeness) :

mannypaint1w (2).jpg mannypaint2w (2).jpg

https://modelcellar.com/shop/time-period/wwi/manfred-von-richthofen-2/

He took the head and sculpted the flight gear around the face. So, it really is Richthofen. You can still see the likeness. But with the head all wrapped up and the face barely showing, as Gary said, eh, ya know, you could probably pass him off as someone else. ...as they say: "a blind man on a fast horse will never notice" =).

And Gary,
    Your 1/32 build looks fantastic. It's always satisfying to see our figures completed. Thanks for sharing.

regards,
    Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com
    Redcap, JasonB and Billy Dickinson like this.
  9. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the kind words about the Dr1 model Paul.

Your WW1 pilot 'personalities' range is superb and even in 1/32 and the likeness remarkable; special credit (IMHO) for 'Billy' Bishop, Werner Voss and Raoul Luftbery for capturing the likeness of these aces in small 1/32. All are instantly recognisable to those of us with an awareness of these people. My original post about the 1/24 figure being passed off as a 'generic' pilot should have clarified that to the majority of people who would (not) facially recognise MVR (or any others) in such a small scale, the figure can be utilised for any compatible model aircraft.

Sorry if my post was misinterpreted to imply they don't look like who they are meant to represent; nothing could be further from the truth.

I love your WW1 1/32 pilots range and have them all including the 2 seater crews; less just one figure and that's simply because I haven't done a WW1 Italian aircraft .........yet!

Just placed my order for the 1/24 piece with 'Steve' at SK Miniatures here in the UK yesterday!

Keep the range coming and cheers Paul.
    Gary
    Billy Dickinson likes this.
  10. ModelCellar A Fixture

Hi Gary,

Thanks for buying and using our figures.
    Nope, didn't take it any way at all =). Don't worry, it's all good =)). Yes, as you say, the more avid WWI aviation enthusiast recognizes the face. But I was just saying (and agreeing with you) that if someone is like: "eh, ok, whatever..." Then YEAH go ahead and use it.
    regards,
    Paul
    www.ModelCellar.com
    Nap and Redcap like this.
  11. Andy Garringer New Member

How or where can someone purchase this figure?
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Go to the Model Cellar website

www.ModelCellar.com

Look forward to seeing your figure painting

Nap
  13. Andy Garringer New Member

Thanks Nap. I did go to their website and scrolled through the whole thing, searched for 1/24 and 1:24, used all their filters for 1:24 figures, and searched through everything listed under the sculptor Mike Good and could not find the 1/24 version. The 1/32 version was there but I’m looking for the 1/24.
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Send Paul a PM via here

Nap
  15. Andy Garringer New Member

Thanks Nap. We are in contact with each other.
    Nap likes this.