1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MFCA Announcement

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by socko47, Feb 6, 2009.

1. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    68th ANNUAL MFCA SHOW
    APRIL 24th & 25th 2009
    WILL BE HELD AT THE CHASE CENTER
    ON THE RIVER FRONT
    800 South Madison Street
    Wilmington, Delaware

This link will give you the latest information:

http://www.mfcashow.com/page3/current.html
  2. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Has anyone had problems booking at Doubletree for the show? I called reservations today and they said MFCA was registered with them but there was no room rate quoted so I couldn't book a room at any special rate!!!!! I have to call back later to talk to a supervisor (out for lunch, I guess). BTW, what is the show room rate anyway? Hey can we go back to Valley Forge? ;)

Thanks
    Paul
  3. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    I was just thinking about making reservations, but haven't yet. I guess I'll hold off a bit...

I'm still trying to decide where to stop on the way and on the way back. I'm thinking of going through Ontario on the way home. I don't suppose anyone can tell me for sure if the Brock Memorial is finally open? I can't find a straight answer online. It sounds like we're a week too early. When we went through two years ago it was closed. :( (Yes, Brock is my favorite person from that war.)

Any suggestions for must-see places in southern Ontario? For Kris' sake, need not be historical (he is such a good sport). :) (We'd be going back through Sarnia, not Windsor.) Nice hikes, good restaurants, anything like that?
  4. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Wendy:

Coming from Michigan, I'm sure you have already hit the tourist areas (CN Tower, Niagara Falls) over the years but there are other lesser known but interesting local spots in the south of the province... the Heritage Warplane Museum and Dundurn Castle (Victorian mansion) with its small military museum (a section dedicated to the War of 1812 especially the two warships found in Hamilton Bay) are located in Hamilton. I think all the National spots are closed until the late spring (Brock, Forts George, York and Henry) but don't forget Fort Niagara just inside NY. Niagara-on-the-Lake with all its wineries is one of my favourite areas.

As for eats, in Toronto I would visit the Distillery District downtown or Greektown along Danforth Ave.

In south western Ontario, you could check out the Elora Gorge area (good easy hikes) or St. Jacobs with its antique markets. These two spots are more on the route home if your heading through Sarnia

See you in Wilmington.
    Paul
  5. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    Paul, As I responded on Timelines. The MFCA committee found out that another group took a large block of rooms leaving a few or none with two double beds. There will be roll-a-ways available, but again only a few. The committee is working on this issue and there is a possibilty of using a different hotel as headquarters with their hospitality room. But don't rush on a decsion until there is more information. Information about other hotels in the vicinity and up to date news as to changes will be on the web site. http://www.mfcashow.com/page3/current.html
  6. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    "Hey can we go back to Valley Forge? ;)"

After reading what Joe just posted, I'm with ya Paul!

I'm afraid it's out of our hands though. The powers that be will see that it never goes back
    to Valley Forge. As the ole saying goes "money talks, b#$%&*!^ walks".

I'll make MFCA this year...Begrudgingly.

Good luck to you committee members. I don't envy your job. Your the ones that make it all possible.
  7. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Joe, first for getting back to me on the hotel issue and second, for you and the committee's hardwork. Having been there in the past, I know it's not an easy task. I'll keep an eye on the hotel issue in the meantime.

Cheers
    Paul
  8. socko47 Active Member

United-States
    It has been stated that the HOSPITALITY ROOM will still be held at the Double Tree.