1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Metal-Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Three new releases from Metal Models

Metal Models web site

All sculpted by Bruno Leibovitz
    all are 54mm white metal

Colonel Baron Lejeune, Aide de camp du Marechal Borthier
    Painted by Daniel Ipperti

[IMG]

Grenadier a pied de la Guarde en Manteau

[IMG]

Marechal , Regt of Dragoons, Crimea, 1854
    Sculpted by Michel Saez

[IMG]
  2. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    All quite nice I particularly like the Lejeune figure. Is it just me or does the Grenadier not look like something that Bill Horan sculpted not too long ago? Not say I don't like it or want to paint it, but ,...,
  3. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    These are stunning and probably the best figures he's done since the old LeCimier personality line. That LeJeune will be in my greedy little hands as soon as it can get here from France!!
  4. Automata Member

United-States
    Actually, It's based on a well known drawing. The name of the artist escapes me at the moment.

I think I'll have to grab all three of these figs. He's one of my favorite sculptors.

Barry
  5. Hi evrybody this is my first post on planet figure, just to tell you that the dragon was sculpted by Michel Saez, and Lejeune painted by me (cause i'm proud of it ;) )

Daniel
    My Webpage
  6. DDantel Member

France
    Welcome here, Daniel, great painting, on the Bruno's sulpture :)

didier
  7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ohh boy.. those Metal Models figures always attract me. I really like the Grenadier and the Lejeune (great painting btw Daniel). Now about the Dragoon.. Don't you think that his legs are a bit to thick??
  8. mahross New Member

Lovely figures. I particularly like the Second Empire Dragoon. I shal have to talk to SWMBO about this one ;) Nice painting on the Lejuene figure Daniel.

Ross
  9. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    It's not his legs, but his trousers. Trousers worn at that time by French cavalrymen were very loose fitting and had "false boots" leather pieces sewn to them. This kind of trousers were called à la Lassalle, as it was General Lasalle who had introduced them during the Napoleonic Wars.
    Lasalle's trousers can be seen in this portrait by Gerard
  10. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Daniel,

Welcome to the Planet! You should be proud of it, your already fantastic painting style looks even better on this figure. It is truly magnificent!

Regards,
    Lou
  11. Thank Lou and all, it's a great pleasure for me to be a member of the "planetfigure" .

Daniel :)
  12. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Glad to have you with us Daniel
  13. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Let's face it, these two are some of the VERY BEST scupltors around. Especially M.Leibovitz whom I've been a big fan of for years.
    Daniel, where have you been all this time.........? Welcome aboard.
    regards, P