1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Metal Modeles as an Irish Legion Voltigeur

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by fmenardi, Oct 9, 2015.

1. fmenardi Active Member

Brazil
    Hello!
    This is my next project: the new Metal Modeles Voltigeur d'infanterie de ligne as an Irish Legion Voltigeur by the 1812 regulation.
    I will take as reference for the uniform colour the indications in the attached place, item 3c.
    Is this correct? I ask for your advise on this issue
    All the best, Fabrício

Attached Files:

2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    As far as I know, it shoud be correct.
    Good luck.
  3. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Fabricio,

The cut of the tunic is very similar. I notice that the cuffs differ between the references and the model. You may want to check the shako plate details too.

Rgds
    Victor
  4. fmenardi Active Member

Brazil
    Hello!
    Thank you for the answers, guys!

Victor,
    Hello!

I noticed that. I don't think the cuffs could be a problem since its style could vary for the tunics used for a same unit. I hope I am not wrong in this issue!
    Regarding the shako plate, I will use a head with a covered shako.

All the best,

Fabrício
  5. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Franco,

Here is another reference for you. The 2 part article was written by Guy Dempsey who has published books on Napoleonic uniforms. The lapels appear to be different. Hopefully the text will give you some further historical context for your model.

Rgds Victor

io.jpg io2.jpg
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I would use a different figure and change the shako
    if you use the vistula legion figure with a light infantry shako you get the right combination of uniform.
    the pointed cuffs are an important distinction for light infantry.
    as is the full set of equipment
    paul

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Paul
  7. Benckendorff New Member

Hello Fabricio,

A good source book may be: Napoleon's Mercenaries. Foreign Units in the French Army, Under the Consulate and Empire, by Guy Dempsey (also referred to above).

It contains a good section on the organisational, operational and uniform history of the Irish Legion (which was officially denationalised prior to the Russian campaign (3 August 1811) to become the 3ème Régiment Étranger, though colloquially still known as the Régiment Irlandais).
  8. fmenardi Active Member

Brazil
    Hello guys!
    Thank you very much for the good references and advices.
    All the best,
    Fabrício
  9. ivopreda A Fixture

Italy
    I'm not sure that the Irish legion had the square revers. all my references show the pointed revers tipica of the light infantry.

there are different figure from metal modeles range that can be converted into Irish legion

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

for my point of view are better start to make the figure

check the website for irish legion history

http://www.militaryheritage.com/irish.htm
  10. fmenardi Active Member

Brazil
    Hello!
    Very much appreciated informations, guys.
    God bless you all.
    Regards,