1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book METAL MODELES 54mm Grenadier de la garde du royaume de Naples 1814

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    New from MM
    Grenadier de la garde du royaume de Naples 1814

[IMG]
    Real novelty figurine of one of the most colorful Napoleonic army.
    For me, perhaps my favorite.
    Always the talent of Bruno.
    The quality of the casting is still there although for some time the alloy used for casting have strange colors.
    Make an opinion with the photos of the figure: IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0597.JPG IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0604.JPG IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0608.JPG IMG_0613.JPG

References and further reading Acton, Harold. 1998. The Bourbons of Naples. London: Trafalgar Square. Croce, Benedetto. 1970. History of the Kingdom of Naples. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. Flayhart, William. 1992. Counterpoint to Trafalgar: The Anglo-Russian Invasion of Naples, 1805-06. Columbia: University of South Carolina Press. Ghirelli, Antonio. 1981. Storia di Napoli [History of Naples]. Torino: Einaudi. Gregory, Desmond. 1988. Sicily: The Insecure Base: A History of the British Occupation of Sicily, 1806-15. Madison, NJ: Fairleigh Dickinson University Press. Ilari, Virgilio, Piero Crociani, and Ciro Paoletti. 2001. Storia militare dell’Italia giacobina [A Military History of Jacobin Italy] 1796-1802. Vol. II: La guerra peninsulare. Rome: Stato Maggiore dell’Esercito-Ufficio Storico. Johnston, Robert M. 1904. The Napoleonic Empire in Southern Italy and the Rise of the Secret Societies. 2 vols. London: Macmillan. Rosselli, John. 1956. Lord William Bentinck and the British Occupation of Sicily, 1811-14. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Schneid, Frederick C. 2002. Napoleon’s Italian Campaigns, 1805-1815. Westport, CT: Greenwood.

Attached Files:

peedee, Huw63, Mat Lambert and 9 others like this.
  2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice and a bit of movement in the figure. One I will be adding to my MM stash for sure.

Tommi
    peedee likes this.
  3. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic bibliography. Couldn't ask for more.

Jeff
    peedee likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    ZC,

Great review my friend ..a real nice figure as well

Be a good subject for a bust as well!

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    peedee likes this.
  5. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    A very good looking figure.

Chris
    peedee likes this.
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    One more lovely figure from MM.
    Thank you!
    peedee likes this.
  7. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice figure and I love MM - but does anyone else think the detail casting looks a little bit soft on this one? It could be the photos or my eyes of course.
    Cheers
    Mat
    peedee likes this.
  8. Barry King Member

United-States
    Another gem from MM, but we basically have become used to that! I too have a few castings from them with the "burnt" appearance of the metal. Other than being a little odd to look at, the color of the metal has no bearing on the quality of the casting, or the piece itself.
    peedee likes this.
  9. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Do not worry about the quality of the details, the photo enlarged the figure more than ten times, and besides I'm not a professional photographer.
    MM quality is still there ... And so much the better.
    peedee, Huw63 and Mat Lambert like this.
  10. Huw63 A Fixture

Definitely on my "top get" list.

Cheers

Huw
    peedee likes this.
  11. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Zas!

Do I have to buy all the books?

I am trying to cut back on the 'word stash' for a bigger grey army :)

MM doncha just love 'em mmmmmmmm!

Paul.
    Huw63 likes this.