1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Metal Modele SOULT WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Angaliel, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Hello friends,

I started the project to paint Soult. This figure was given at last year Blagnac Show (France). We have to paint it for the next show in December this year.

I have already seen some painted versions (Ivo Preda, Ipperti.......) and very well painted.
    I know that's my paint skill is still far behind these masters.

I was thinking how could I get peoples be interested by my painted version?
    After few days of thinking, I got an idea.
    I take the risk and it will be a good chalenge to try it in a corner street by night time.

So here my vignette :

[IMG]

I've never painted this kind of light (night) yet. The final rendition can be good or very bad..... but I do really like challenges !!!!

JP
  2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very interesting JP.Looking forward to see next stages
    christos
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    JeanPaul thats a pretty interesting and different idea. The problem always in these paintjobs is to adjust your whole philosophy of lighting , on a different way for just a figure. I wish you the best of luck and please post WIP pictures so we see the steps of this experiment !!!!
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    JP,

I hope you can work it out . It would be very interesting.

marc
  5. dinovision79 Active Member

Hello Jean,

very original idea, have you thought to make a shadow box?

Good luck!

Denes
  6. dinovision79 Active Member

rather have you thought of making a shadow box... sorry :)
  7. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Hi friends,

thx for the comments.....

I really dont know if it will work..... I'll do my best :)

Denes : I did not want to make a box. But I had to "close" the scenery with a backwall. If not, the outside light would have disturb the reading....

JP
  8. dinovision79 Active Member

I see Jean, but not sure we thought of the same thing, the point would be that you make a real light source to the vignette (eg. LED, a very small lightbulb powered by batteries) and make a box only one side open (it can be removable, just for the effect when the light is on). Of course for that you would have to replace the lantern, manage to put a LED into it and solve the problem of wireing. I think adding light is a very interesting change and is an unexplored thing, I saw a couple of dios on the net eg having gunfire flash done like this or lit up holografic image as a 'ghost' for a medival scene etc Long time thinking about doing something like that, but... It was just an idea :)

Cheers

Denes
  9. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Yes good idea..........but too late :)

Anyway, I experiment all the time.
    Maybe to add leds and all electronics parts will be for another figure experiment :)

¨JP
  10. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jean pual, this looks like a fascinating idea, I will watch this with interest,
    Bon chance! ;)
  11. jimias A Fixture

Greece

Attached Files:

12. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    no 2

Attached Files:

13. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Thx for the pic Dimitrios.

I think the shaded parts are still too much in light.... I want to paint it more darklike....night :)

JP
  14. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    I'll try to oppose nice warm light of candles to cold deep shades of night...