1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mercenary soldier circa 1480

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marc Day, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Marc Day Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,

Another piece I'm working on is this mercenary. It's a bit of a blast from the past, being an early bust from the Wolf range. Once I get this example painted it will be released as part of my Sovereign 2000 range.
    I recently sent a pre production sample to Kev Peart and some of you may have seen the very informative review he subsequently posted. If you did, then you will have noticed that the original box art did it no favours at all. Apart from not being particularly well painted, a little research, which included a chat with the sculptor, revealed that the colours as well as the materials they represented were all wrong. Hopefully I'll be able to put that right with my effort.
    As usual I'm working with Humbrols and have just applied the basic colours ready for the fun part. 2.JPG B.JPG
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Marc

Nice to see this getting painted and interesting it's with Humbrols as well

Following this with interest

Nap
    Geoff Charman likes this.