1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Meeting at the Burned Mill - 54mm vignette

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Daniel.M, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Daniel.M Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Hello Everyone:)
    We present a new project. It is a small 54 mm vignette of the Napoleonic Wars. It is a meeting of Napoleon with the Emperor Francis I, who is accompanied by Prince Lichtenstein. This meeting took place after the Battle of Austerlitz. We hope will like it.
    Vignette will be commercially released in December. Producer-Hannah Miniatures
    www.hannahminiatury.net
    (manufacturer of painted toy soldiers. These are the first of new series of figurines sold also as kits).

The promised SBS of two new high quality figures we had to put down. The camera betrayed us. Everything is in order now, SBS coming soon.

Best Regards(y)

Daniel & Katka

143-545.jpg BMPlate1.jpg BMPlate2.jpg BMPlate3.jpg BMPlate4.jpg BMPlate5.jpg BMPlate6.jpg BMPlate7.jpg BMPlate8.jpg BMPlate9.jpg BMPlate10.jpg BMPlate11.jpg BMPlate12.jpg BMPlate13.jpg
    rado2828, Borek, Edorta and 9 others like this.
  2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I simply love it. Great piece of sculpting. Well done guys.

Xenofon
  3. igorkordyukov A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Very impressive! Congratulations!
  4. Daniel.M Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks a lot, guys:) . Although we did tagged as finished, details are still being finalized (refining and slimming hands and fingers, filling deficiencies, smoothing some areas, but Kathy finalized by it directly at the customer. We had to shoot in the state "almost finished".

Thanks for your stopping and praise;)

have a nice time

Dan & Kathy
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Very nicely sculpted.
    Cheers
    John
  6. david pickford Active Member

Very nice piece- I would like to see it painted. So as not to be too sycophantic, I wonder if the hands are somewhat large? Also the fig. with the outstretched arm - that looks too long. If he had it down by his side it looks like it would reach below the knee.
    The camera plays tricks of course. I would be delighted if I could do anything near as good!!!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    looking good. But in my opinion the casting proces could be more precise.

marc
  8. Daniel.M Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Thanks very much, John:).
    Thanks a lot, David;).
    Yes, you're right. Kathy today still fine-tune these things. Unfortunately we had to take photographs before final completion.
    This is really a semblance (shoulder is lower) and mainly camera distortion (we bought a new one, but the same brand as before, and there's definitely not much quality). Photography, that is our biggest struggle. We are going for a long time that we're going to get a quality camera and learn how to shoot macro to best. It is not yet time.
    Thaks!!
    Thank You:)
    I do not understand exactly.
    Regarding the quality of sculpting, after all this is a low cost figures. However, we can not give them nearly as much care and time that we give to high end sculpts.I when these are lightly above standard compared to our other inexpensive figures.
    As regards the connection of parts to each other, perfectly fit together, just some photos have deviated from each other (eg coattails of Emperor Francis 1 from his body)

Regarding casting - forms have yet to be produced.

Thanks to all for your comments and opinions. Even your praise and criticism.

Dan & Kathy

P.S. Sorry for bad English:(
  9. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A very bold first release and a great subject from my point of view-I'm sure the finished product will be a true representation of the picture, please let us know when the final casting is ready for sale.

Keith
  10. Daniel.M Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Yes Keith, as soon as the vignette is ready for distribution, we will announce it in this thread;) . Will also report on the progress of preparations for production and distribution and painting figures too. We greatly appreciate your interest and praise. Thanks a lot:) .

Dan & Kathy
  11. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Ahoj. Tohle je moc pěkná vinětka. Hned mi ji zamluvte:).