1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Medival Blacksmith (TGB Miniatures.1/10)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mark761214, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mark761214 A Fixture

South-Korea
    Medival Blacksmith
    1/10 scale
    Resin figure
    Painted & supervised by Ki-yeol Yoon
    Sculpted by Greeny Ahn

And here is short writing to inspiration.

A middle age smithy. Murky and dusky. Wheezing bellows and silence of charcoal in a burning brazier. A solid anvil and an old blacksmith.
    The blacksmith put iron into the brazier with sooty tongs. Flame of charcoal. Blowing bellows makes the flame rising. Black iron glows dim as the setting sun. But soon it turns to bright yellow, and finally it shines brilliantly than the gold does. It is the time.
    He just hit the glowing iron. Sparks flared. A thousand, or thousands of it in a day. Folding, drawing, forging the iron and forging it again. Hundreds of them in a year. Just a hit only makes a noise. Despite that, he has smitten iron softly for dozens of years, and this continued forging has imprinted patience in numberless pieces of the iron. In this routine but solemn work, we can find what resolute means. Therefore, with a million, perhaps with millions of forging, he has imprinted the passage of time for himself.
    Stiff gloves that shared the beginning of his history had gone, and he does not know when he wore this worn and creased gloves for first time. But his wrinkles that a red-hot iron lights proves his history. And again, he put cooled iron into the brazier.
    (written by Greeny Ahn & YKH)

We hope make your own story through the figures.
    Many Thanks,
    TGB Miniatures.

Attached Files:

GARRY, Marina Shtey, NickM and 20 others like this.
  2. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Interesting choice of subject :) Excellent paintjob !
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Amazing work.

marc
  4. arxo Active Member

Greece
    Great idea and painting. I like the way the hair on his arm is rendered. One of the unrecognized heroes of that era!
  5. offo A Fixture

Amazing !!!! Very nice work sculptor and painter too.
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. Mark S Guest

Very nice bust, beautifully sculpted and indeed painted, and a subject that I've often hoped to see in a figure, but I don't see anything about it that places this piece in the Medieval period. This smithy could be a currently working one, which is ok too...but Medieval?
    Great bust though.
  8. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    This is a stunner Mark and the paint job is exceptional,might have to get one of these.Where can I get one?
    Brian
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    I can see what you mean there Mark I guess the cowl marks it as more medieval, but it's a lovely piece and as you say could easily be from anywhere from dark age up to modern day very easily. Great sculpt and paint job IMO (y)
    Steve
  10. elgreco Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Brian - we stock TGB Miniatures and we'll have this stunning bust in the coming days...
    Cheers,
    Celine
  11. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Yes, his trade and tools remained the same for hundreds of years until he was replaced with the 3-D printer.:LOL:

Bob
    Helm likes this.
  12. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Impressive work(y)
  13. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Guys ,

Good to see a non military sculpt ...like the look of this ...should be reviewing this on PF in the future.

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  14. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely love it. A fantastic sculpt, full of character and something a bit different. I reckon this will be a winner.

- Steve
  15. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Very nice work. I'm impressed with the painting, the sweat in the neck and running down the arm looks very convincing.

Alex.
  16. Captain Lol A Fixture

Belgium
    Amazing as always .
  17. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Awesome work!
  18. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    Great work on this peice!