1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mediterranean pirate s.xvi

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ori, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ori Active Member

I have been inactive during three months but now I'm here again.
    I want to show you the sculpture of a mediterranean pirate, the plague that knocked the mediterranean sea until the battle of Lepanto (1571).
    It's not finished yet, but I hope to finish the sculpt and paint it in the next weeks.
    As mr. Horan (and too many others!), I use heads and other commercial parts for my figures (I don't want to work more of the necessary).
    I hope you like it ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic sculpting Oriol...........is this a one-of-a-kind figure? Or do you plan to cast it commercially?
  3. y_wong New Member

My compliment to you, Oriol for a very well done figure. Looking forward for it to be painted.

regards :)
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Orio, that is great.
    What are the commercial parts that you used.

Can't wait to see it when it is painted.

Marc
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Ori,

I echo what the others have said, that is some really nice work. I can smell the salty air! :lol: Looking forward to seeing you paint it.

Joe
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work there Ori, i'm sure that the painted result will amaze us. Can't wait.
  7. btavis Active Member

United-States
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice sculpture, the anatomy and drapery are exceptional.~Gary
  9. Dani A. New Member

Mmmmmh...

I wonder if somebody has suffered an over-exposition of Dagoll Dagom's Mar i cel...

(Ori please explain the pun to the other members)

An excellent piece of modelling!!!!!

Dani
  10. Yago New Member

Tiene muy buena pinta, Ori.
    A very good looking figure. Expect see it painted soon!
    Diego
  11. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
  12. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great Sculpt man! Love the feel of the figure and the drapery of the trousers!
  13. georges64 Member

France
    FANTASTIC ! a Master 's work !!Looking forward for it to be painted.

georges64
  14. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Great anatomy and very natural pose.

(y) (y) (y)

Q.
  15. fsdesimone Member

I echo everyone else's comments - that is very very cool!

Francesca
  16. Manfred Active Member

Nice sharp sculpting and convincing pose !
  17. amherbert Member

Wow!

Very striking figure.

Andy
  18. ori Active Member

Hey, thanks for your comments!
    This figure can't be commercial because there is a shenandoah head. Maybe soon I will work for a commercial master, but actually it's just a project!

About the Dani ALfonsea's comments, I'll try to explain the historic background of the pirate:
    The expelling of the "moriscos" of the hipanic kingdoms by the Catholic Kings in 1502, caused a great disaster in spanish economy. On one side, it meant depopulation of many villages and the disaster of the farming world, in which the muslims formed the bulk of manpower. On the other side, the inhabitants of North Africa did not wellcome the fleeing Spanish muslims who they considered invaders. The only way out for those people was the sea and their goal to attack knock down trade in the mediterranean. In a few years, their constant attacks where the reason for the depopulation of villages in the spanish coast and the disaster of trade in the mediterranean.
    My figure depicts one of those muslim warriors, real sea wolfes!

I hope you understand my english ;)
  19. ori Active Member

Ops! about the Dani's comment Mar i Cel...
    Dagoll Dagom is a catalan theatre company and nowadays there is a play in a Barcelona's theatre called Mar i Cel (Sea and Sky) that shows that drama, the exodus of the muslims and their fight in the mediterranean. There is a muslim pirate and a christian girl... and the drama is ready ;)

If someone goes to Barcelona: http://www.teatrebcn.com/ficha_club.asp?idR=3077
  20. Bon dia Ori,

A great work.

Sergi