1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Medieval slingers

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by Paul, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Paul Active Member

Germany
    I´ve already made a couple of medieval slingers using the fustibalus, Staff sling HERE.
    They were unarmoured and due to using staff slings they carry no shields whilst using the slings.
    Anyway, for a while I´ve wanted some more medieval slingers using shepards Slings and with headswops, the Norman Light slingers from Tumbling Dice fill my wish.
    Swords and shields added from the bits box
    [IMG]

Did medieval shepard slingers use shields?
    A couple of pics from the twelth century Liber ad honorem Augusti sive de rebus Siculis ("Book in honour of the Emperor, or on Sicilian affairs"; also called Carmen de motibus Siculis, "Poem on the Sicilian revolt") showing slingers with shields.
    [IMG]
    Also..a bit later, a soldier using sling with a shield on a 15th century painting of the Battle of Nájera
    [IMG]
    Loads more contemporary pics of slingers, with and without shields HERE
    HERE it´s shown that a shield and sling can be used in combination
    ee

Continue reading...