1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Medic!! New Sculpt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

After finihing some old project for Mustang I have now started a new 3 figure set. It depicts a GI that got hit and two of his buddies are trying to comfort him until the medic arrives. Here is the basic scene, this may be a little switched around but hopefully not too much.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Here is the poor fella, sorry about the bad pictures, only had one light, he wears the od shirt that his friends have opened up. He is pretty ripped, but I figures that a guy who got shot would have some tension in his muscles. The pic dont really show his abs well but he has some!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Here is the guy who holds his head in his lap, he is a BAR gunner with the bigger BAR ammo pouches.

[IMG]

And the other buddy.

[IMG]

Needless to say there is still alot of work and cleaing things up. They are all made out of Apoxie Sculpt over a resin mannequinn. Let me know what you think!
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Anders!

This seems to have slipped by without comment!

I think the overall composition looks good.

To me, the cartridge belt on the rifleman looks slightly odd. Having struggled with sculpting one myself I know they're not easy. The pouches on the right (as viewed) look shorter than those on the left. Also, the snap closures on these pouches and the BAR pouches seem too pronounced as well; they should almost be flush with the flap.

Anatomically, the wounded man's raised knee needs to be more pronounced - not being a Photoshop whizz I can't do a 'Quang' to show you what I mean!

Hope you don't think I'm being too negative, Anders! I want these to be constructive comments, and lets face it, you're sculpting right now, and I'm not! And I appreciate these are in their infancy.

Very much looking forward to the next installment!

:lol:

Rob
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking good Anders............love the subject with his shirt torn open!!
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for your comments!

Rob,

Regarding the ammo pouches, yeah,the buttons are a little extra pronounced so they will cast up well, on the tanker there was a little problem with one of the seam lines not being deep enough to show up well, I might sand them down a hair though as I think you might be right.

As for the ammo pouches, I think they are fairly even maybe not 100%, it may be the picture angles that screws things up but I will check into this more for sure!

The knee on the wounded guy, I agree, it needs to be sharper, I will rework this area tonight!

Thanks for your feed back! Thats the kind of stuff I am looking for!
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Will this be for Mustang???
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Matt,

Yes it will, if I ever get it done :)
  7. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    cool (y) ;)
  8. DrLutz Member

Israel
    The theme of life support at war is very interesting and not so common in modellind world.
    Hope to see a progress soon!
    Best regards!
    DrLutz