1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Completed MDC's Frenchie aka"Nez de Cochon"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by phc35, Jun 23, 2012.

1. phc35 Active Member

United-States
    2012_0622pignose30003.JPG 2012_0622pignose30005.JPG 2012_0622pignose30005.JPG 2012_0622pignose30006.JPG Well I finished Frenchie with his M2 gasmask.I finished him in Horizon Blue,but I do not see why he could not be painted as RMLE with a khaki overcoat from the French Foreign Legion. The M2 carrier,the khaki Segrams 7 holder on the front can be painted either H.B. or Khaki, But needs a cord to show that it hands around the nexk, The large pouches peeking up at the waist are Shou-shou mag holders,so he can be a gunner or ammo carrier.The tabs on the collar can be red,yellow of H.B depending the time of war,I choose yellow as it represents metropolitian france units a regiment # goes on that,I chicken out and chose a single digit. butons are brass or latter replaced with cloth covered wood and dont get me started on the coat,Yikes,it canbe any color blue from steel blue to horizon blue.depending on dye lots,manufacturer or made in France or outside the country,some coats would have pockets sewn on in an entirly different blue!
    I tried to dirty him up with pastels ground up and fixed in place with white mineral spirits for the Western Front look.
    Kisifer and Kandor8 like this.
  2. housecarl Forum Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Looks suitably grubby Jay, as he should.
    Excellent piece of work, and nice to see another one of these painted,
    Carl.(y)
  3. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great finish Jay, very realistic.
    Nice work.
    Cheers,
    Keith
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. phc35 Active Member

United-States
    thanks for the complements,I had fun painting Frenchie.I wasn't sure about 3 things Ken, what color the lenses were and
    what amterials madue up the M2 masks. Was the "goggle part leather or cloth and the examples that have survived have no lenses or they are yellowed with age

Jay
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jay looking at my reference pics which were all supplied by Napoleonpeart I might add show the goggle part was made from a heavy canvas although the last2 illustrations show a shiny tarpaulin type of material and I'm guessing these were a later improved version. In regard to the lenses if my memory serves me correctly I'm sure that these were clear glass.
    I hope that helps but just in case I'm wrong I've sent Nap a message .
    Cheers Ken

Attached Files:

7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work. the only thing I should repaint is the leather.
    It is almost the same color all around.
    Some more definition on this will gave him a more outstanding bust.

Marc
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    It look very realistic indeed. I will agree with the rest about the leather :)

Xenofon
  9. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Interesting, who is the sculptor ?

I like these theme !

Cheers

Hendryk
  10. phc35 Active Member

United-States
    the sculpter is Mr. Ken Farrar and the kit is available at www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk
  11. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    Thanks Jay

Cheers

Hendryk